Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGrill2 vs. ICelsius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGrill2 vs. ICelsius

Ok BBQ brethren and sisters. Looking to invest $100 in a thermometer with graphing/tracking capability. What are your thoughts on the IGrill2 vs. the ICelsius? They both look good. I just can't decide.

Only thing I heard is the iGrill2 probes have problems sometimes and a lot of people have to replace them early. There is something on their site about it, I think

Comment

I got the ICelsius Wireless dual BBQ probe as a gift.

Hooking up direct was no problem. It ran on an Iphone 5S and IPad Mini simultaneously.

Remote mode is another deal. The ICelsius folks claim there is a bug on IOS devices when running remote mode and getting temp updates at less than 10 second intervals. They are supposed to get a firmware update out to fix it. Direct Mode is constant and can't be adjusted. A full battery will last about 6 hours. No biggey to plug it in.

Wife and I finally got it going the other day through the WiFi. Not sure what time laps we had, maybe 1 minute.

I've only done one cook. I lost connection cause I moved the unit. Glad I found that out on my initial run. It will stay forever planted on future cooks.

I know crap about apps. I am the only one in the house without an "I" something. My wife said it was one of the more quirky apps she has messed with.

I really like graphs.

Comment

I just got an Igrill2. So far, everything has been impressive. Very simple setup (plug in probe, link to phone app, watch graph appear). The features are useful and clear. Using multiple probes is no more complicated than using one. Each probe can have a peak or a range alarm. They can be labelled specifically. The probes seem to be study enough, although they are still relatively new.

I am shocked at how frequently it updates the temp. In a 4 hour cook I had 1400 readings per probe. More readings are obviously better, unless you have to export to excel or whatever for an output of the graph. I'm sure they have a feature for outputting the graph as a pic, I just haven't found it. The other features on the app - maps, recipes, social network, etc., I've had little interest in so far.

I tested the probe accuracy, and it was in agreement with my thermoworks chef alarm and little probe. Read ice water correctly.

Battery life seems really good. I've probably used two probes for a maybe 20 hours of cooking, and still have 70% power remaining.

The Bluetooth range is also very impressive. It's 150' line of sight, which gives enough (through walls) range for most of the house. Secondly, it's been stable. Few, if any, drops.

My one big critique, getting graphs off the app. It exports as a CSV one probe at a time. In this post I combined them, but it took a little shenanaganizing in excel. http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...rt-ribs-on-pbc

Finally, the customer service has been excellent. I've contacted them with a couple of questions, and they were very prompt and courteous.

Graphs really are cool.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here