Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iGrill2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iGrill2

Just order this iGrill2 from Sam's club...good deal or not?
    <p>Whether you're an award winning pit-master or a novice backyard griller, the iGrill2 Bluetooth Smart Grilling Thermometer makes grilling and smoking easier, more convenient and a whole lot smarter. With a 150-foot Bluetooth Smart range, you can get back to your guests and keep a close watch on the temperature progression of your meat from your mobile device, using the free iDevices Connected app. You’ll receive an alert once the meat is cooked to perfection. This iGrill2 Sam's Club exclusive is packaged with four Pro Meat probes so you can monitor multiple pieces of meat at once! You’ll never want to cook any other way, and with the iGrill2, you won't have to. Now, you can grill and smoke meats with the precision you've always dreamed of.</p>

I bought a Maverick that does 4 probes through bluetooth for about 70 bucks. But it only came with 2 probes and this one has something to keep the probes organized. I would have paid 20 extra for that.

Comment

I have the iGrill2. Very happy with it for the most part, only wish blutooth range was better

Comment

I have the 1st generation igrill and it get's the job done.

Comment

I have an iGrill II, and I'm not sure about it yet, I wanted to be able to download cook logs but have not found a way to do it, so back to the Maverick for me, If I run the kettle and the PBC at the same time I'll use it then. There was a huge difference between the Maverick and the iGrill readings and I have more confidence in the Maverick.

Comment

I love my iGrill 2. I wouldn't want to go back to the Maverick; I just never cared for it.

You're gonna love your new iGrill. Congrats!

Comment

Bought this Sunday at Sams Club in Rapid City for $79.91. Haven't used it in the smoker yet but it seems to read ambient room temperature ok. All four probes register within 1 degree of each other. Hope to take it for a test drive this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnF View Post
                I have an iGrill II, and I'm not sure about it yet, I wanted to be able to download cook logs but have not found a way to do it, so back to the Maverick for me, If I run the kettle and the PBC at the same time I'll use it then. There was a huge difference between the Maverick and the iGrill readings and I have more confidence in the Maverick.

When you're using the iGrill there is a screen you spend most of your time on that shows a temp and graph of each probe that you are using. If you select one of those temps another screen will pop up that shows only that one temperature/graph. You then select the menu that pops up from the bottom of the screen and there will be an option to save the graph data. Click that and you should be able to email your data wherever you like! Note you have to do this for each probe graph you wish to save. So if you have 4 probes worth of data you want to keep you'll have to save 4 files.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnF View Post
                  JohnF, I found that in side by side comparison with my thermoworks products, all my Maverick probes were approximately 7 degrees high in their readings. I tested my Dot, my Thermapen, my Chefalarm, and my RT600C. they all read 32 degrees in my ice bath, and the Maverick read 39 degrees. So for myself, I don't know how confident I am in the Maverick. One of the Maverick probes was brand new out of the package too!

Comment

• CeramicChef
                    CeramicChef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think I'd be calibrating at 212° rather than 32°. You'll want to calibrate closer to the temps you'll be cooking at rather than a temp that is of no use in your cooker.

CeramicChef, I did calibrate at both temperatures. In fact, the Maverick was even worse at cooker temps. I just recently did that calibration, and I need to consult my notes on exact differences. But it seems to me that if the temp is off at one point, it will be consistently off at least that much. And for Thermoworks at least, that is how they recommend calibrating, in an ice bath, at 32 degrees.

Comment

• BBQ Tim
                    BBQ Tim commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ive seen several variables between the Maverick and my DOT and Thermopen. Has me questioning Maverick tech for sure

If you have a device you can dedicate to the igrill while you are cooking, you'll probably like it. The bluetooth was not sufficient for me to walk to the basement without me losing connection on my iPhone. I couldn't really go very far anywhere in my house without losing my connection. I use my phone all the time, so this was not an option for me, so I returned mine. Amazon return policy rocks!

Comment

15th thermometer DWCowles

Comment

Getting close Ernest

Comment

I just scored the same one from Sam's for $59.91 + tax & shipping.
                        Buy iGrill 2 Bluetooth Grilling Thermometer : Grill Accessories at SamsClub.com

Comment

I should have taken a page out of DWCowles playbook and ordered 2!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here