Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ivation (Maverick rebrand) sale today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two weeks after my order and I'm still getting the run around. It was returned to shipper. Now I know why never buy anything online if it's not directly from Amazon.

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      That sucks, hopefully they will work everything out to your liking. In the mean time (or would that be meat time) to cheer yourself up you need to fire up KBQ!

Well if you can't get it taken care Ernest I will sell you the two that I got

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be a sign that I do not need another thermometer LOL!!
      I just called the today to ask for a refund.

Well that was a major FAIL!! I gave them more time and they finally offered me a refund.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ernest, 👎👎👎👎👎. Sorry to Here the News! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Wow. I'm speechless. I wonder what really happened.

Kathryn

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought all of them.......jk

Maybe it was lowest-bid fulfillment center?

Comment

The Deal is still available, I pulled a DW and ordered 2 of the Ivation Long Range Wireless BBQ Thermometer Sets in black on the 28th and Received tracking number today.

Comment

I don't know about it being the exact thing. Am I missing something here? The ivation looks like it has more buttons than the Maverick and clearly is a different case. Are the guts the same and the case different? Could be a cheap Chinese knock off so I'd make sure I calibrated probably every time I used it for the first 5 or 6 times.

Comment

Originally posted by SlushDeezey View Post
          I don't know about it being the exact thing. Am I missing something here? The ivation looks like it has more buttons than the Maverick and clearly is a different case. Are the guts the same and the case different? Could be a cheap Chinese knock off so I'd make sure I calibrated probably every time I used it for the first 5 or 6 times.
          To calibrate mine I make sure they read the current ambient temp, verified by my Thermapen sometimes.

They look nearly identical to me.

Ivation:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ivation.PNG
Views:	134
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	163058

Maverick:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	maverick2.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	163062
          Last edited by Huskee; May 1, 2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Oh wow they do. I was looking at the black one versus an Amazon ad for the maverick and they looked totally different. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              You may have seen the Maverick ET-733, its display is a lot busier and a little bigger than the 732. It shows the alarm settings on the screen and other stuff, like the label for meat temp settings "BEEF", "PORK" and such.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here