Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ivation (Maverick rebrand) sale today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks... Ordered a couple of the ET-733 types.

Comment

Got one coming. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered two.

Comment

badf00d, and Pit Club Member I received my Thermometer Yesterday? Ordered 1 April 16 from SkyMail, Shipped by C&A Marketing Inc, Via Amazon Prime without a delivery address the Post Office Called First? So far all is well and my 7 Free Magazines are still in the Que! On 2 April I received a Call from 1st National Bank of Omaha Fraud Dept. regarding fraudulent use of my Visa Credit Card that I used to order the Thermometer my last purchase with th Card? Being of less than average but somewhat Analytical Mind, I Think There is A Skunk in the Wood Pile Somewhere! I thought you should
          Know! You might want to Check Your Recent Acct Activity! Dan

Comment

Danjohnston949 - my brother received his yesterday and the UPS guy told him they had a hard time finding him because there was no address on the package. Looked up my order today, and sure enough, UPS said they had a problem with the address. I called UPS customer service and they corrected the delivery address and I will receive the unit tomorrow.

As for the credit card, that seems like possibly coincidence. I have no problem here.

Looks like SkyMall completely blew it. If you haven't received yours yet, check your order on the SkyMall site and they should have a UPS tracking number for you. From there you can get the delivery fixed. Sorry about the bad advice, guys.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              badf00d, I received it Yesterday shipped by Amazon Prime via USPS? I have been able to get into my Visa Acct and the Fraudulent Charges
              We're due to the 7 Free Magazines that I was Foolish to Sign Up for with the SkyMall Order! Again a very strange transaction?
              Thanks from Fargo ND, Dan

• badf00d
              badf00d commented
              Editing a comment
              Danjohnston949, this is SkyMall, I suppose. Bummer about the magazine subscription thing, for sure. Good to know in case anyone else here went for them. At least you got your probe, and your credit card company took care of the rest.

Hope they don't mess up the shipping on mine . Just ordered 2 of each. That way I have some backups and if nothing else a couple of gifts. Either way getting four for a slight bit more than I paid for my other thermometers can't complain

Comment

Ordered mine on 3-31-16. Credit card was charged for $ 39.95 on the same day. I never received an order confirmation E-mail from SkyMall. Today after reading this post I checked my credit card info and found that the pending charges no longer exists for SkyMall. It's like they backed out of the deal. Maybe they got the price wrong and were getting ready to take a beating on all the orders they received? Oh well, not the end of the world.

Comment

I had a similar experience. I received a phone call from the post office this morning saying they had a package for delivery with my name and phone number, but no address. It was delivered today and all looks well. I just checked my credit card statement online and it hasn't even been charged. These guys are messed up!

Comment

• BigBear
                  BigBear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They finally charged me a week later.

Mine shows the order is approved, but there is still no tracking # and my credit card has not been charged. I wonder if they're now backordered, or just slow shipping them out.

Comment

• rofltech
                  rofltech commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here. I did get the confirmation emails though that's a good sign...site said in stock when I ordered.

• MattTheGR8
                  MattTheGR8 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The website now shows them out of stock. Fortunately my order was delivered by the Postal Service today, though I never did get a tracking #. Also, my credit card still hasn't been charged, but I'm sure they'll eventually get around to it.

Hmmm, maybe they oversold. I ordered mine 3/31, and it was delivered yesterday 4/6.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My two was delivered yesterday too Huskee

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DWCowles so you're at 10 now? Lol. I will never catch you. Every time I ordered one you order two!

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol

I ordered two units, but in separate orders about a day apart. One was the first that needed a corrected address, and the other had the correct address and a notification email. I received both today. Hopefully everyone else has things turn out OK. Hoping to try it out this weekend.

Comment

My Ivation arrived yesterday, announced to me by a text from my wife saying, "uh... another thermometer showed up at our door."

Just tested in boiling water. Tested intermittently against my Thermapen (one of the other ones that showed up recently via open box sale). Was spot on with Thermapen readings. once water boiled both probes read 212/213. I also put in the back yard and walked around the house and out the front door. Range was great. Much better than I get with my iGrill2.

Curious if any Maverick owners can attest to build quality of the Ivation vs Maverick.

Comment

I've been using a Maverick 732 for several years now and have no problem with it. It still uses the original probes. I bought an Ivation about 18 months or so ago on sale($43) and one probe died within the first year. I still use it with the working probe to monitor smoker temperature. I could buy a replacement probe for $15 but since I have a 732 and a 733 (unopened), both with working probes, I really don't need one right now.

The accuracy of the Ivation is equal to that of the Maverick.

Kathryn

Last edited by fzxdoc; April 9, 2016, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I thought I was done with the Ivation thermometer deal after Skymall took the $ 39.95 charge off my credit card on 04-04. I had placed my order on 03-31 but never received any kind of confirmation e-mail. Much to my surprise while checking my credit card on a different order, the Skymall charges were reinstated on 04-06. I fired off several e-mails to Skymall customer service but never got any response back. I was getting ready this afternoon to call my credit card company and report this as a fraudulent transaction. I was finishing up some yard work when the OnTrac driver showed up with an Amazon prime package. Since the only thing I had on order from Amazon was Meathead's book, I thought alright! Well it turned out to be the thermometer. I think I would have been happier with the book! The package had an Amazon distribution center in N. Las Vegas return address. For Amazons sake, hopefully they haven't partnered up with this outfit. If this is how they do business, they won't be around long!

Comment

Didn't check my statement but mine showed up today as well. Don't remember it being there when I checked a few days ago but same here with the prime box..the thermometers look nice haven't tested yet though. Plastic feels a bit cheap probes feel sturdy and that's what matters.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here