Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressed with Signals + Billows + Weber + SNS Insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressed with Signals + Billows + Weber + SNS Insert

I have been upgrading my old Weber kettle over the past few years. I have the SNS Insert and a set of Thermoworks probes with their Signals controller. This Father's Day, the kids got me a Billows air control system

Today I put it all together and have been smoking a pork butt. We are at 12 1/2 hours and the Billows has kept it right around 225 all day. The part that blows my mind it that I am still on the first chimney of charcoal. That SNS grill insert makes this possible.

It's been nice to be free to go see the parade and be with family while this setup burns away on what will be a really good meal.

It is sweet. For me it was the ability to work or sleep, and still cooketh away.

Comment

Yep - a kettle + SNS + fan controller is a hard combo to beat. I was on the fence about getting a pellet smoker several years go, but have gotten my charcoal game down to where I can run 10-12 hours before refueling on the kettle+SNS, and 18+ on my kamado. That's hands off enough for me!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here