Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement probes for SnS-500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement probes for SnS-500

Hi folks, yesterday one of the four T probes on my SnS-500 thermometer unit gave up the ghost, and I need a replacement (plus I'd like to have a couple of spares on hand as well). The instructions with the unit say only to go to "snsgrills.com" to order a replacement, but I have scoured their website and see noplace where this can be done. I emailed them to ask, but meanwhile I'm guessing folks here might know a) where these could be had and/or b) are these standard in some way such that I could replace with third party probes? Many thanks for any info.

Putting a rack of Kurobuta spare ribs on the smoker this afternoon, fortunately this won't be a show-stopper

Honestly, with the unit being so new, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just replace it under warranty. I mean, has it even been six months since it came out?

I would assume standard probes that fit this thermometer would work as it is essentially a new and improved version.

https://www.maverickthermometers.com...r-thermometer/
    Last edited by IFindZeroBadCooks; December 5, 2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Indeed, I've had the unit only since about August. That said, I was subjecting it to extreme conditions, I was re-mapping the thermal profile of my grill with the GrillGrates in there. It failed at the end of that process, when I put everything on full blast to see what Warp 10 is in this config. Not sure if that constitutes normal use for warranty purposes...

Comment

David Parrish , SNS grills
        Last edited by Donw; December 5, 2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry about that. Fat fingers hit the wrong one from the list.🙂

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey guys! They tell me we got his email, so he's being taken care of =)

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks David Parrish! Much appreciated.

I don’t know if this would have helped in that particular scenario, but a good infrared gun is very handy. This is the model I have and it works great.

Attached Files

Comment

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I have a Fluke IR gun and was using that to measure the grill surfaces, and had two wired probes clipped to the underside of the bun rack to monitor those temps as well, and it's one of those that failed. (I did lab science most of my career, I love to instrument the crap out of things). Love the gun, so handy!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
      Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado.

Click here for our article on this exciting cooker

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.
      Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
      Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review