Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement probes for SnS-500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement probes for SnS-500

Hi folks, yesterday one of the four T probes on my SnS-500 thermometer unit gave up the ghost, and I need a replacement (plus I'd like to have a couple of spares on hand as well). The instructions with the unit say only to go to "snsgrills.com" to order a replacement, but I have scoured their website and see noplace where this can be done. I emailed them to ask, but meanwhile I'm guessing folks here might know a) where these could be had and/or b) are these standard in some way such that I could replace with third party probes? Many thanks for any info.

Putting a rack of Kurobuta spare ribs on the smoker this afternoon, fortunately this won't be a show-stopper

Honestly, with the unit being so new, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just replace it under warranty. I mean, has it even been six months since it came out?

I would assume standard probes that fit this thermometer would work as it is essentially a new and improved version.

The XR-50 Remote BBQ and Smoker Thermometer comes complete with four probes so you can easily monitor two meats and two BBQs, four meats, or four BBQs.
    Last edited by STEbbq; December 5, 2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Indeed, I've had the unit only since about August. That said, I was subjecting it to extreme conditions, I was re-mapping the thermal profile of my grill with the GrillGrates in there. It failed at the end of that process, when I put everything on full blast to see what Warp 10 is in this config. Not sure if that constitutes normal use for warranty purposes...

Comment

David Parrish , SNS grills
        Last edited by Donw; December 5, 2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry about that. Fat fingers hit the wrong one from the list.🙂

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey guys! They tell me we got his email, so he's being taken care of =)

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks David Parrish! Much appreciated.

I don’t know if this would have helped in that particular scenario, but a good infrared gun is very handy. This is the model I have and it works great.

Attached Files

Comment

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I have a Fluke IR gun and was using that to measure the grill surfaces, and had two wired probes clipped to the underside of the bun rack to monitor those temps as well, and it's one of those that failed. (I did lab science most of my career, I love to instrument the crap out of things). Love the gun, so handy!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here