Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most insane whole hog cutting board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most insane whole hog cutting board

SO I made this for the great folks at Rec Tec grills for doing whole hogs on. It has well over 10,000 individual pieces of woor. ( I tried counting, had a 3000 piece variable, 10,000 being the lowest count) It's made of Brazilian Cherry and Hard Maple. It's over 3 inches thick and weighs around 200lbs. It's a beast. These pictures are of the bottom, the top has a juice groove, I'll have more pics tomorrow. So far, it has soaked up 1/2 gallon of mineral oil, tomorrow I flip it and oil the top. I started it in October I think. lol
    Attached Files

That is just assume!!

Comment

Very nice!
      My head would have exploded trying to keep the pattern straight.

Comment

Do you finish the bottom with boiled linseed? That is beautiful!

Comment

• BBQ Bill Wyko
          BBQ Bill Wyko commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it soaked up over a gallon in the end.

Why didn't you just soak it in a tanker truck of oil???

Comment

Wowwwwww!!!!!

Comment

Very very impressive. Makes my eyes go blurry looking at it. I would never have the patience to create something like that. Hats off to you.
            Last edited by Ahumadora; March 21, 2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

I bet the hogs would consider it an honor to be cut on that!!

Comment

That is an amazing feat, constructing a board like that with such finesse, such expertise. I always enjoy seeing the beautiful things that you turn out. Thanks for posting.

Kathryn

Comment

It is inspiring to see the results of a talent I do not possess.

Comment

Great job on that board. That pattern is on the list of patterns I want to try, but I'm rusty after ~ 30 + years away from woodworking, so I'm gonna start with simpler patterns.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic workmanship BBQ Bill Wyko ! Very Nice.

Comment

Beautiful! Not sure i could lift it though.

Comment

• BBQ Bill Wyko
                            BBQ Bill Wyko commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It's shipping weight was over 200lbs.

That is really nice!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

A Propane Smoker That Performs Under Pressure

The Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’. Click here to read our detailed review.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared†Zone

GrillGrates amplify heat, prevent flare-ups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. Click here for more about what makes these grates so special.

Amp Up Your Outdoor Cooking Game By Joining The Pitmaster Club

AmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Club
                          Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. Experience the countless benefits — from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more– by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! Get a free 30-day trial here.

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust-free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360 and get a special AmazingRibs.com price!