Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna Wok!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did you buy one yet?

I do like the one without the wooden handle.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      No not yet...

I suggest you get the biggest you feel comfortable with...

The more you use it, the smaller it feels. Because your audience will dramatically increase once you learn the basics...

Comment

I have 14 inch standard Chen. The flat bottom is small diameter and on glass top not working great. Wish I had gas for that.
      Just bought this as alternative. t
      o the product: https://www.zwilling.com/us/staub-ca...508-817-0.html
      0508-817-0.html Link to the product: https://www.zwilling.com/us/staub-ca...508-817-0.html
      Last edited by PNWsmoke; January 15, 2023, 05:07 AM.

Comment

14", wooden handle, metal helper handle, flat bottom, carbon steel, the wok shop.

Kathryn

Comment

I went to the big Asian market yesterday and found this wok but was disappointed when the refused to sell it to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230114_120538.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	1362118

Comment

• PNWsmoke
            PNWsmoke commented
            Editing a comment
            King Wok

I'm excited to report that the wok burner my wife purchased for my birthday has arrived! Unfortunately, the wok she also ordered separately has not yet arrived. So I will need to wait a little longer before I get to start my journey.

Comment

I can't help you wok, but if you want to work, I have 2 spots open on my NY based team...

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be a pretty long commute for me.

Here's an instructional video on how to wok:

Comment

The burner I got seems to be better than the one I borrowed from my nephew. I thought we ordered the same one but I think the factory may have upgraded the finish. Its almost like it has an enamel finish now. Clearly it's more rust resistant than his. It also bolts together differently and has a different hose assembly.

Comment

And 2 for the funny bone while you wait:

According to Fox news the problem today is that too many are wok today!

Did you know that Sony has come out with a portable Wok?

It is called the Wok Man

Comment

My wok finally arrived (after only 3 1/2 months)! So I got to take it and the wok burner on their maiden voyage today. Chicken, mushroom, and broccoli. Nothing fancy just what I happened to have on hand. I look forward to the next thousand cooks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230506_173728~2.jpg Views:	19 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	1416643
                Last edited by Attjack; May 7, 2023, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• troymeister
                  troymeister commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Finally.....Looks damn good!

• Draznnl
                  Draznnl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats on your great show of patience. Now that it’s there, how does the new wok feel?

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Old Glory it's pretty nice to have more power than needed rather than not enough. This setup cooks FAST. Now I won't have to cook in batches as often like I have had to do up until now. Draznnl The wok feels great. It's a little heavier than I expected which is because the wok is thicker than I expected which is a good thing. I look forward to developing my wok skills.

Wok this way....

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
                  My wok finally arrived (after only 3 1/2 months)[/ATTACH][/URL]
                  Well, it looks like it was worth the wait. Dang that looks good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here