Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CI abused to wonderful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CI abused to wonderful?

Google seasoning CI & get many different responses, & many diff approaches.

Does the community have a standard protocol, from new, to abused, to great again.

My CI is not allowed in the house 'electric range/oven' & is in a "seating type plastic container" on the covered patio

I use mostly: skillet, lg fry pan, & dutch oven:

Currently using 'Alton Browns' advice smear some oil, extremely wipe up oil, (so just a shine). Then cook! I like to mainly pan sear, with a blazing hot pan.

Confused. Are you looking to restore cruddy or rusty CI or looking for advice on routine maintenance?

Comment

Check out this thread. I go over my methods for restoring and seasoning cast iron. There are several ways to do it, but this what I have found to be the best way.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks brother for the the link.. Had it, lost it, now re-found..

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem, sir! Elton's BBQ

Spinaker That was an amazing write up, should be a stickie!

What I'm working with. Please feel free to comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-07-23.png
Views:	140
Size:	979.9 KB
ID:	677967Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-05-50.png
Views:	137
Size:	848.9 KB
ID:	677968Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-06-39.png
Views:	138
Size:	798.4 KB
ID:	677969Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-12-04.png
Views:	142
Size:	798.7 KB
ID:	677970

Comment

Originally posted by Ricorocks View Post
        Spinaker That was an amazing write up, should be a stickie!

What I'm working with. Please feel free to comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-07-23.png
Views:	140
Size:	979.9 KB
ID:	677967Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-05-50.png
Views:	137
Size:	848.9 KB
ID:	677968Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-06-39.png
Views:	138
Size:	798.4 KB
ID:	677969Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_13-12-04.png
Views:	142
Size:	798.7 KB
ID:	677970
        This pan will re-season just fine. You can strip it all the way down and start from scratch, or you can clean it really well and give it a few round of seasoning. Most of that looks like flash, surface rust.

Comment

Pic #1 long arrow points to what appears to be an indentation.

Not mentioned, but one time, I tried CI in the oven's "self clean". It stripped them naked, & like started to rust immediately.

Thanks Amigo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here