Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunch on the Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch on the Lodge

Today I was working at home, and thought "Is there anything good around here for lunch?" After a quick check of the fridge, I lit the coals on the Lodge Sportsman's Grill and went back to assemble my ingredients. At that point, I realized I should document this event.
    • 2 beef patties from Sonrise Ranch
    • Rumiano's white cheddar slices
    • Sliced bella mushrooms (sorry Nate )
    • Frozen spinach with diced onions and crushed garlic
    I should have used a little more charcoal to get a better sear on the beef, but it was still good. Added a side of homemade coleslaw, and the answer to my original question was, "Yes!"

Sorry if I'm overdoing it with posting everything I cook on the Lodge. But I surprised myself with how quickly I went from nothing to a respectable meal, instead of my usual bumbling half-assery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180422_120044.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	488573

Name:	IMG_20180422_121346.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	488572

Name:	IMG_20180422_122043.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	488571

Boom! That looks great!

Comment

Hey if you like it go for it. Looks good though.

Comment

Nice work, makes you appreciate a nice meal, especially when you eat out and it's marginal at best.

Comment

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, right? Considering plan B was Chipotle, this was an upgrade in my book.

Have you tried burning lump in the SMG? Lump makes clean up a little easier, it also keeps the excess ash off the food if you are using the fire grate. Just a thought. I love that you are using it. I am going to do brats tomorrow, on mine. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          I used lump in it with a steak once but not with the griddle. This was Kingsford Professional which is supposed to burn hotter than KBB but was barely enough in this case.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I find that lump works the best in mine. I will burn KBB if I am out of lump. A handful of FOGO Lump is the SMG is a gorgeous sight! radshop

You are not overdoing the postings. Everything looks great, you are enjoying doing it, and we are enjoying seeing the outcomes.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I heartily agree with Donw & Spinaker !
          Keep them great posts n pics comin!!!

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciated, gents.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker Donw Mr. Bones Oh heck yes, I totally agree!! Post away brother. I even annoy myself sometimes and they still haven't thrown me out. Great cookers/ing , great people and great fun and it's all good. I got you! I haven't heard of that brand o beef??

You gotta give breakfast a go on there too. Nothing like the smell of bacon and charcoal in the morning............

Comment

One word, inspirational! And fun! Yeah, I know I had trouble counting. But it is what it is!

Comment

What a nice little cook - those intimate cooks are so much fun. Everything looks great!

Comment

Fabulous!

Comment

Sorry if I'm overdoing it with posting everything I cook on the Lodge.
                I'll pretend I didn't read that......I specifically clicked on this thread to see the LODGE!

Comment

Sure go ahead keep posting those great looking meals! I dare ya! Eventually you will force me to buy one of those Lodge grills! Seriously that looks great!

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah he really is applying the pressure isn’t he? So you don’t have Lodge either eh Frozen Smoke? I have the griddle.

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seriously right!

Boy you are tempting my MCIS brother! Post away.

Comment

totally keep posting pictures and cooks. this stuff is why i keep coming here!

Comment

BRATS TONIGHT ON THE SMG!! Onions too! Kraut on the side!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here