Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview With The Great Paul Kirk, by Jeff "JT The Cowboy Cook" Tracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview With The Great Paul Kirk, by Jeff "JT The Cowboy Cook" Tracy

Paul Kirk, BBQ Hall Of Famer and known in many circles as the Kansas City Baron of Barbecue, has won more than 545 cooking and barbecue awards since his first competition at the 1981 American Royal Barbecue. His accolades include seven World Championships, and his storied barbecue career is highlighted by victories at the American Royal World Series of Barbecue® Open Contest, American Royal Invitational Contest and The Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue.

Author or co-author of 12 barbecue books, Paul has also directed the Baron’s School of Pitmasters for 17 years. He
    is a founding member of the Kansas City Barbeque Society and served 24 years on the Board of Directors. He has also trained barbecue restaurant staffs across the United States and conducted seminars at national conventions for the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP). In 1998 and 2000, he was a member of The Julia Child BBQ Team of Ten at the IACP conventions, raising funds for the Julia Child Endowment Foundation.

Paul writes monthly columns for Kansas City Bullsheet, the National Barbecue News, and the Goat Gap Gazette. He has appeared on the "Today Show," Discovery Channel, "CBS This Morning," "Talk Soup," and Anthony Bourdain’s "In Search of the Perfect Meal." He has been featured in the AARP’s Modern Maturity Magazine, Saveur and the Calgary Herald.

Paul has taken his barbecue knowledge on the road across the United States and abroad to countries including Norway, South Korea, Ireland, Canada, London and Switzerland.

This interview has two parts

All well and good, but what are his qualifications?

Comment

• Woodson
      Woodson commented
      Editing a comment
      Detecting sarcasm in writing is a struggle for me. You’re probably right.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Woodson just poking fun at Meathead after his glowing intro of Mr. Kirk.

• Woodson
      Woodson commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol yeah I’m pretty dense sometimes.

I bought his Championship Barbecue Sauces shortly after it came out in 1998. Wonderful book on sauces, marinades and rubs. The background behind making each one and how to mix different ingredients to flavor them. As well as numerous recipes.

Comment

Man I'm about to turn 70 and I feel young compared to this guy. He probably forgot more than I'll ever know about bbq, that is if he can remember it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here