Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 193 - "February 2020"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 193 - "February 2020"

Here is your first taste of the revised Pitcast showing up once per month with Meathead answering all of the questions you left during February. Be on the look out for the thread to open for the March edition. ENJOY!!

Last edited by BBQCentralShow; February 25, 2020, 07:33 AM.

Enjoy the new "feature length" PitCast folks! Be sure to watch for March's Questions for Meathead topic soon, and get in your questions on anything for next month's edition.

Comment

Great listening to it. Meathead $200 an hour for a Programmer?? Contact me and I will put you in touch with my guy I have been using for the last 12 years.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        This guy is world famous, especially as a server and security expert, and Drupal whiz. But JEEZ!

BBQCentralShow Greg, Meathead Thanks for asking and answering my question. I have been hearing about this thing of tasting for so many years but have only applied to after everything has been cooked. I had a feeling after I asked the question that I would need to try for myself. I was just hoping that there was at least a chart to start me down the path. I am seeing how important it is to taste even the marinade prior to using. This week I marinated some flap meat for fajitas. I wanted to use the marinade for basting as well so I pasteurized it. I decided to taste it before basting and it was one of the most bitter things I have tasted. And I just marinated our dinner in it. So I fixed it with some turbinado sugar and basted the hell out of the meat in hopes that it would not be bitter. It turned out well. Flap isn't used much and not a lot of recipes for it but it can be used instead of skirt or flank. Pork cushion isn't used much but I am trying pulled pork with it.
      Again, Thanks.
      (Greg, one of your pronunciations of my last name was correct. However, I would answer to any of them.)

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        WineFolly is a great resource for all things wine. I know you probably know this, but Google will help you with what-goes-with-what charts, but all of those things are at the mercy of whomever created the comparisons, nothing you will find or read about is set in stone..

Roasted Brussels sprouts are fantastic. Try adding (salt of course) and a little lemon or balsamic or both! When the leaves just get blackened...mmmmmmmm. That or steamed with tons of cheese.

Comment

Still didn't get an answer to "peppermint, spearmint or wintergreen"..

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Menthol is a pretty broad answer.

Meanwhile, the pineapple rehash was the best part of the whole Pitcast...!! LOL!!

Comment

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        That was funny!

Thanks for the answers Meathead and for doing this BBQCentralShow

Comment

Best 2 hours of the week.

Comment

Since he didn’t get it out. What was the actual name of the southeast Asian cookbook he recommended?

Comment

I popped into the pit as I’m about to crash for the night with my usual earbuds In. Dang.... now I gotta listen to this after listening to Greg last night and that dude on the bridge. Ok then ...
            Last edited by HouseHomey; February 26, 2020, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Meathead

I got the first question! I feel like I won the lottery! Thanks for answering!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here