Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 132- The "Michael Symon" Celebrity Chef Interview - November 15, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 132- The "Michael Symon" Celebrity Chef Interview - November 15, 2018

I have been chasing this week's guest down FOR YEARS on social media because it was a platform he engaged people in. Up until last Tuesday, all of my requests and attempts to interview him were rebuffed. However, on Nov 6th, my luck finally changed. I sat down, in person, with the Iron Chef, Michael Symon. We are both Cleveland guys, we both love BBQ ad live-fire cooking so it just seemed right to have us finally get together!

In this episode we discuss: What a chef means, what a pitmaster means, his opening of Mabel's BBQ, his background coming up, how he trained his staff at the BBQ restaurant and more. While I was a bit intimidated at the out-set...he was very gracious with his time which made it very easy for us to converse on a number of topics...ENJOY!!

This was an excellent interview. I did not know who he was but I get why he is a success. Very practical and articulate and he connects with people. I am going to buy his book and now I have a place I want to visit in Cleveland! Thanks!

Comment

I cannot wait to listen to this! Always enjoy watching his "Burgers, Brews and Que" shows.

Comment

Yea Chef Symon seems very genuine, I've always watched his shows over the years. Good interview !!

Comment

Great Job, Brother!

Michael certainly seems to be a well-grounded gent, in spite of alla his celebrity, an fame...that shows a lot of character, an morals that were obviously developed early on in his life...

He was also very informative, intelligent, entertainin, engagin, an inspirin...

Next time ya see him, tell him he has a free pass, here...

Ya done good, yer dang self, an can take a free po'boy outta petty cash ;p

Great Job, Amigo, an thanks fer alla th Hard Work ya do, to bring us these shows!!!!!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 16, 2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Congrats Greg - very cool!

Comment

Great Interview!

Comment

Thanks, Greg. Great interview. Michael Symon is one of my favorite TV chefs; can't wait to eat at one of his restaurants.

Comment

I've eaten at his Detroit steakhouse, "Roast", with David Parrish and it was nearly the best NY Strip ive had out. Maybe the best I've had out. Thick, prefect salt, heavy char, unique rub, more than just s & p. Memorable for sure. Seems like great genuine guy.

Comment

In my pitcast I said there were no "celebrity chefs" that I'd like to meet but I take it back. IC Michael Symon is likely the only one. He's humble, funny, and down to earth. Great interview BBQCentralShow

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here