Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 67 - "boftx" interview - August 10, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 67 - "boftx" interview - August 10, 2017

Everyone LOOOOOVES Bacon...and this Bacon will be no different!! Get to know boftx just a wee bit better in this episode. I will also update you on plant burgers, how you can win $5,000 from Smithfield and has anyone seen Pepper Morgan's 1,700lb BBQ pit??!! ENJOY!!

Nice meeting you, boftx !

Comment

Greg you nailed it again! It is so great getting to know members. Thanks boftx nice to hear from you and about your methods.

Comment

boftx,@Greg, Great PitCast per Usual! Jim, Like Ypu I have an OKJ Highland Stick Burner! I agree that it is a COS albeit on the Positive Side! Especially compared to the Brinkman it replaced! As far as Computer Programing, I got a D+ in Fortran in 1968 or 1969 Punch Cards and All there
        ended my formal education on that S--t❓ 🤗😇🤗
        Ear Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

boftx BBQCentralShow Another Fine Job, collaboratively!!
          A great pleasure to hear an esteemed Member!!!!
          Love LOVE my OKJ Highland!!!

Comment

Once again, very, very cool!

Comment

I would love to join you on a Caribbean BBQ tour! That's a great idea.

Great interview. Very entertaining.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                One phrase: "jerked goat"!

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                SV at 158F for 168 hours, then a quick sear directly on the coals for 30 minutes, then enjoy a nice rum and cigar!

Greg and boftx - great show! I hope you get that brick cooker some day. It's something I would love, as well. When you build yours, post lots of photos so I can tell my wife "Look, this is what we need." That will be the next GREAT argument.

Comment

Another good interview; but, you already knew that. boftx sounds like the type of person I'd like to have as a neighbor.

Comment

Jim you joined about 4 or 5 days after the ribbon cutting. I can only think of one member who was earlier than you!

Comment

Very well done again.

Comment

Just listened to the interview. Cool, nice to hear your background and style of cooking. boftx, your voice/accent is sounds very similar to the character "the dude" in the movie Big Lebowski if you ask me :-) (no other comparison). Great with an old school programmer!

Comment

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Probably the best movie ever. "I like yer style, Dude."

Nice work guys! Good stuff all around. Keep them coming! It's hard to find the straight time to listen these days but when I do it seems like their only 5 minutes. Henrik love the accent!

Comment

boftx
                        Sorry I missed this interview, I think I was in Canada when this one came out.............

Jim Bacon? Could be the best Pit name ever! Great interview! I agree with Henrik, you do sound kinda like Jeff Bridges. LOL.

Chargriller pro as a stick burner? C'mon now! Just kidding, nothing is a better example of a Pitmaster than practicing for "hours" trying to figure out all of those little intricacies that every cooker has. And I agree, we need some wood in there!

I am a brisket man for the big meats, but the family loves my pulled pork. My sister-in-law loves to take my pulled pork, fry it and then throw it in some fideo tacos!

I am with you on the rubs. I have to confess, I buy commercial rubs too. I have a bunch of seasonings in my cabinet, but I really like to try new flavors and there are SOOO many rubs out there to try. In a pinch I will make my own rubs but I prefer to shop and try new flavors.

I know you were one of the first guys we had, because you were here when I got here!!!

Bring on the Brick Pit!!! Build it up man. That would look great out in Vegas.

The Caribbean? I like it. I had BBQ in the Caribbean that was smoked with coconut husks. The pit master paid kids 2 bucks every morning to walk the beach and collect the husks for the smoker!

Hahahaha, " yeah well, a lot of people call me a SOB." That was really an LOL moment.

I would love to stop by and hang out sometime! You seem like a great "dude" to hang out with. And I love the root of your Pit handle!

Thanks for sharing your life with us. It was a great interview!

Comment

That was super fun, thanks Greg and boftx!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here