Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 59 - June 15, 2017 - "DWCowles" interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 59 - June 15, 2017 - "DWCowles" interview

DWCowles joins me on the hot seat this episode...get to know a little more about this great BBQ cook. We also hit the top food and BBQ stories from the past week. ENJOY!!

Good to hear from ol' Deedubs. Another great show.

And I agree with his definition of a pitmaster. We all have our own definition of course, personally if I start my fire and keep it going myself through the cook, and the food is brag-worthy, you can call me a pitmaster. If I let a thermostat do the work, like in my home oven, I'd take credit as a pit-associate but not pitmaster. Lol...

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly!

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      #PitAssociate lol

DWCowles
    Great Job DW!!! Great to hear your voice! No northern routes?? C'mon! We don't bite up north. (hard) I get it, we do have snow and ice.

I think we need to have an AR sponsered cook out in Kentucky.

Great insight into the Lang as well! This is some invaluable information regarding the Lang. And I am with you on the chicken. I just needed a new way to cook it. I like the idea of low cooking it first, then cranking up the heat. I will have to check out that cajun rub too!

The part about being a "Pitmaster" is spot on brother! That is exactly how I feel too. Great job. I can't wait to hear from you again!

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Spinaker I don't have nothing against you folks up north it's just the cold weather and all that white stuff on the ground that I don't like.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the winter keeps many away. Great to hear from you! DWCowles

DWCowles Dang dang great brother!

EDIT: After finishing this interview, I like it even more! I love hearing your life story driving trucks and grilling! BBQ, grilling and life make an excellent interview in my book! Great job Greg!
    Last edited by lonnie mac; June 15, 2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Great show! DW might not think of himself as a pitmaster but he could definetly be called a sage of sticks. Nice work men!

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        The only time I don't consider myself as a Pitmaster is when I cook with the RecTec or used a fan with one of my other cookers to control the temp while I sleep. I do consider myself as a Pitmaster when cooking with the stickburner.

DWCowles - Good job!

Comment

Good job DWCowles! I really enjoyed listening to this episode!

Comment

My mantra has been "I don't want to be a top notch competitor. I just want to be the king of my patio." DWCowles has kinda the same attitude -- I like that.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly 👍

#FullTruckerEffect

Comment

DWCowles Thanks so much for being willing to be interviewed! I agree with you that one of my favorite parts of this forum, aside from all we learn, is the community. Even though we may never meet, we are indeed friends. You gave me a lot to think about on stick burners. Great job!

Comment

Awesome interview! I love the door open suggestion. I do the same thing sometimes with my upright stick burning smokers. I liken it to the damper on the wood burner in the house. Doors closed and door damper open the fire takes off because it draws the air in, stoking the fire. With the doors open and screen on and the fire cools off but heats up the house. It was a really good point and one that would not be intuitive even to people who use them on a regular basis.

Comment

Excellent episode. DWCowles , it's nice to get to know you better.

Kathryn

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you

Is there something I need to do to get the SoundCloud link to work? It opens the app, but says nothing is available.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All you should have to do is click the orange play button. Can you give us a screen shot of what you see?

DWCowles, BBQCentralShow, Greg Rempe, Fantastic Show! You Both Sound Like You Know What You're Talk'n about! 👍👍👍👍👍 DW what kind of Chaw did You use as a Kid to Develop Your Voice❓ As CDL Holders, I'll confide in You what a Professional Driver told Me as He was Teaching Me how to Shift Gears on a Cab Over Peterbuilt! Earl had driven over 4 Million Miles when He told "Me Old Truck Drivers Never Die - They Just Get a New Peterbuilt❓" He also gave Me some Sage Advice just before Day Break in Fargo in February going to Miami FL, I was behind the Wheel the Streets & Highways were solid Ice! Earl looked over at Me and Said "Just Remember Dan There's Only One Rule That's Important in Truck Driving! That's the Tractor is Supposed to Pull the Trailer! With that He Crawled in the Sleeper, we drove on Ice until we got to FL - GA Line? I've Had Grey Hair Every Since!
                Once Again Feller's, An Outstanding Show!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
                Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 17, 2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

That there was good listening DWCowles I appreciate the time you took.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here