Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 58 - June 8, 2017 - "tbob4" interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 58 - June 8, 2017 - "tbob4" interview

Please welcome tbob4 to the Pitcast...we also catch up on top news stories of this past week. ENJOY!!

Great interview tbob4 and BBQCentralShow !

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a ton. Greg was awesome. I was very nervous, as you can tell by my laughter and he made the interview very comfortable. I honestly didn't know I had that drawl until I heard this.

Well done tbob4 !

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much. You made it a very easy experience despite my nerves.

After listening to this episode, I feel more like pre-k when it comes to grilling and barbecue. Tbob4 is post-grad or PhD.

Comment

Great job tbob4 enjoyed the interview. Also great job Greg as always.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

I have to second the Alabama White Sauce thanks to Meathead. I can't eat chicken any other way and the store bought white I tried wasn't even close to as good.

As for the beer there are several styles of IPAs these days which makes BJCP judging a mess. I wont even do IPA categories but I will say that when I'm camping or smoking the Founders All Day IPA is an outstanding and low ABV beer. When eating the Fat Heads Headhunter IPA or Hop JuJu are solid choices as is Victory Prima Pils, or I'll go with a local Belgian white.

Comment

Great Job tbob4 !!! Sorry I missed this when I was out of town! Great to put a voice to an avatar!

I love those Hibachi cooks! What a great BBQ/family memory.

I really need to get one of those Santa Maria grills. Have you cooked those Tri-Tips on that Santa Maria grill? I would love to do that some day, especially over oak, as you mentioned. I would love to get that finishing sauce you were talking about.

Trader Joe's is also the only place I can find Tri-Tip up here in Minnesota. I really wish my Costco would carry them. I would be cooking a lot more Tri-Tips!

You now we love making you spend your hard earned cash!

A BBQ tour is a great time, but go to one a day. Otherwise you'll be full for daaaays! Thats what happened to me in Austin!

I'd stand in that line with you brother! We would probably have all the world's problems solved by the time we finally ordered!

I haven't done a SV'd Tri-Tip but I had one at Skip 's place and it was amazing. Alright I need to go out and get a Tri-tip at trader Joes.

I am using the AL white sauce this weekend. It is my father's favorite sauce that I make.

Great Job Ted! Thanks for your contributions.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a ton, Spinaker. I have done the tri-tip start to finish on the Santa Maria. I prefer it smoked and then finished on the Santa Maria. A fat steak start to finish on it is unbelievable. I'm going to find you tri-tip.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Call these folks and they may be able to get you hooked up in your area: https://www.facebook.com/Grampas-Ole...7853240428121/

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Thanks for the link! Sorry my post was a little rambling. I usually write them up as I am listening to the Pit Cast! (As you can tell) Once again, You killed it!

Yeah awesome job tbob4 knowing that you felt at ease and were comfortable with your interview with Greg makes, I'm sure, anyone else who is chosen for an interview alot more unintimidated.
        Very cool my brother.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn that is tough. I had to do the same about 7 years ago.
          Send Greg a message and get in the Que! (pun intended)

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve - just read your response to Spinaker. I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you feel better with time. I know she was a good woman as evidenced by you.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you tbob4 I couldn't have asked for a better mom.

Week and a half late, but great interview tbob4! You're a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a ton Huskee!

You didn't sound nervous at all, tbob4

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks EdF. My wife and daughter said that they could both tell by my laughter that I was. I'm glad it wasn't too obvious.

Very well done tbob4. Thanks for going first and setting the standard! Loved hearing about Tri Tip just as I was cookin two!

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much. I love Tri-Tip, as you could tell. I just started a new technique for steaks and Tri-Tip. It works out very well. I put a bed of onions and peppers beneath and above. I prep with rub the same way. Turns out delicious.

Gonna give it a try! Thanks.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm looking forward to hearing you! Thanks a ton.

Great pitcast tbob4 and BBQCentralShow! Definitely like the plan to interview some of the great folks from The Pit.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a ton T-bone. It was fun.

tbob4 Now I know where to go for Tri tip knowledge. Good interview!

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank PJBowmaster - if you have any questions about it never hesitate to ask! I just listened to Mr. Bones ' interview and I have used it in chili a bunch but will be doing it as a summer thing now, too.

tbob4, BBQCentralShow, Greg , Very Well Done! 👍👍 tbob4, You sound Like a Professional 👍 Radio Announcer with Knowledge 👍👍! I Came to this Post with Hat in Hand and Mea Culpas to All! For Some Reason I had Not Opened this Post Before Now❓ After listening to @DWCoweles, Southern Drawl, and Mr. Bones, Just 'a Pick'n and a Smok'n, Woo Woo! with lonnie mac Just a Blowin' on His Neck Mounted Whistle and Playing His Geeter, I figured Sure tbob4 had a Baby Grand to add a little Culture to this Crowd❓ For What it's Worth in the Late 60's working as the Meat Cutters Assist in my parents Meat Market the Tri-Tip was called Hamburger! One Hell'uva Good Show Fellers! Thank You!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 25, 2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Danjohnston949! I have no musical talent, what-so-ever. Glad I wasn't asked to contribute in that fashion or the show would have gone under. HA. My uncle was a butcher and I remember him bringing cuts to family functions with the disclaimer "Nobody knows about this but..."

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4, I don't Know Why I'm Hazing You❓ I Can't Tune a Damned Radio❓ Your Uncle Knew that every Job
          has or should have Its Perks!
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here