Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 49 - March 30, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 49 - March 30, 2017

Getting Into BBQ Catering - Plus we get a forum update, take a look ahead at what's happening this weekend and much more!!

Links: MeatingPlace, NBBQA,

Catering........I do light "catering" for friends and family. I love doing it, but as a business, I just don't know. I love getting lost in the smoke while BBQing. It's a huge stress reliever for me. If I was doing it for a living, I feel like that might be lost. Although, it would be nice to get some cash at one of these gatherings I cook for........hmmmmmmm......

Comment

I'm in the middle of catering the meat for a fundraiser. Thankfully I did most of it last night. I got two versions of the vertical insulated at Lonestargrillz priced. Hopefully drive on over early next year and order one. Twas looking at a pellet grill but I just won't have the capacity I need, for under $4,000.

As a business no way Jose, and yes, Jose Boudreaux is my username in another web life.

Comment

Jerod Broussard Are you still going to rip the Texas Brisket Edition PBC?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          It's ripping right now with three butts and the VENTA providing a little draft to maintain 280-ish temps. Auber will not let things drop below 260 whilst I slumber.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Having a smoker that allows shuteye time is fantastic.👍😎. That's why I'm a Kamado guy. My BGE and DigiQ Dx2 were created for each other by the BBQ God's.🤗

Breadhead I just joined the DigiQ club.I am installing my DigiQ inducer this weekend. I didn't find that the slide adapter sealed tight on the KEG enough for my OCD. The bottom damper on the KEG isn't as sturdy as the ones on the EGG and KJ. Plus drilling through the Steel on the KEG should be pretty easy with a my step bits. Looking forward to to getting some nighttime BBQ Zzzzzs ........until the Kingman comes.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          DigiQ Dx2 - Set it and forget it! For long overnight cooks I set it at about 11:00pm and I hit the sack by midnight. I use my 4 probe Maverick ET 735 with the DigiQ so I can check everything from my iPad. I'm so confident in that heat regulatory I don't take it to bed anymore.

Great show Greg! I have to admit your interview made me giggle as it sounded like you were the one calling into the show. Ha! Sorry, I have an odd sense of humor.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
          BBQCentralShow commented
          Editing a comment
          Craigar, the old way of doing the show was "conference" call numbers... LOL!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here