Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode #9 - June 16, 2016 - Jerod Broussard interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode #9 - June 16, 2016 - Jerod Broussard interview

In this episode we take a look back at this past week's news, talk backyard chicken, get to know a forum moderator and take a look at the coming events this weekend.

Links:

www.serioueats.com
    www.eater.com
    www.kcbs.us
    www.fbabbq.com
    www.ibcabbq.org
    www.meatingplace.com
    www.barfblog.com
    www.flipboard.com
    Last edited by BBQCentralShow; July 17, 2016, 06:29 PM.

6'0" 145 pounds, tattooless......good to know I'm good in "Nude Tokyo"

Comment

I'm wasn't planning on going to Tokyo anytime soon anyway.

Comment

Chicken in the backyard is one of my goals this summer. Thanks for the post. This show was helpful. Thanks!!

Comment

I just smoked two spatchcock chickens yesterday in the stickburner at 425 F. with no butter and they came out tender, juicy and crispy skin.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
            Powersmoke_80 commented
            Editing a comment
            About how long did it take at that high temp? I might throw one on sunday after i pull the brisket and ribs off.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            About 90 mins Powersmoke_80 I dry brine them in the fridge uncovered for 18-20 hrs
            Last edited by DWCowles; June 17, 2016, 04:49 PM.

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing quite like a smoked juicy chicken with a crispy skin. You're making me hungry, DWCowles.

Nice interview Jerod Broussard

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
            BBQCentralShow commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree...he was a good intro in...now, the rest of the mods have to really bring the "A" game!!

Jerod Broussard Nice Work Jerod!! Anyone ever tell you, you have a great face for radio?!? Nice work man. I really liked the moderator portion of this post. We need to do more of these with the other moderators. Maybe even get some members in the works. BBQCentralShow
          Last edited by Spinaker; June 16, 2016, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            That is so funny, I've always known since I was a young child that I would have a great face for radio. hearing yourself on audio is a whole nother story.

• BBQCentralShow
            BBQCentralShow commented
            Editing a comment
            I see the poll results and it is reflected in the content!! The moderators will be REQUIRED (not really) to do a spot ongoing!! And all you pit members are on notice too!!

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes! More moderator interviews! Great start with Jerod!! Loved it!

Great PitCast. Jerod Broussard thanks for stepping up!

Comment

Best PitCast yet. Enjoyed the interview with Jarod. Great job Jared. Looking forward to future interviews with all the moderators. I believe that input from moderators or even charter members should be apart of all pitcast. As far as Steve's part about chicken - may not be exactly what he was talking about but I almost always inject chicken with Tony Chachere's Creole butter either grilling or smoking.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Love that Tony's butter injection. People ask if my turkeys were porcupines in another life.

I'm just now getting around to listening to this broadcast. You did a fine job, Jerod Broussard. It's nice to know you better.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here