Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2018 - HOT From The Pit! - See Our Staff's Grilling Areas, 2018 Pitmaster Awards, PitCast's 100th & 2-Year Anniversary Round Table Shows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2018 - HOT From The Pit! - See Our Staff's Grilling Areas, 2018 Pitmaster Awards, PitCast's 100th & 2-Year Anniversary Round Table Shows!

Link: https://conta.cc/2JsBUZV

Members & mods mentioned:

Texan in SoCal
    Max Good
    Bill McGrath
    Clint Cantwell
    BBQCentralShow
    davejoachim
    Meathead
    Jerod Broussard
    Henrik
    Spinaker
    docblonder
    CandySueQ
    Stevo
    Onez
    Hulagn1971
    HJS
    gijsveltman
    icyhawk
    jfmorris
    JeffJ
    JCGrill
    HouseHomey
    JCBBQ
    customtrim
    JTpellets
    DWCowles
    W.A.
    texastweeter
    Sfdrew28
    rgriffeath
    Pequod
    Pirate Scott
    Mudkat
    PappyBBQ
    theroc
    Thunder77
    Ernest
    rack_slabbath

Woo Hoo!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You had some killer food in this months issue! Nice work, my friend.

• Pequod
      Pequod commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely a drool-worthy issue. Needed to change my shirt from drooling over Meathead’s Pizza Party oven. That’s next on my wishlist.

Awesome! Now I am famous TWICE!!! Woo hoo!!!! And for my most boring cook of the month too, on the gas grill! Haha.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol! You had some great ones. But sometimes a simple grill full of juicy burgers is a great thing!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Huskee! Good point, and nothing wrong with a grill full of burgers! That was a small burger cook for me - I usually have people over to where I need to have the Weber kettle and the Weber Genesis both going, and still do two batches of burgers. Or I put the charcoal pan in the offset and fire up its 748 sq inch grate.

Wow that's gotta be tough. I think this month is a great production. So, so much good food. People in the pit can seriously cook!! Wowza! Hey doesn't Greg BBQ central have a KBQ?? What's all that white stuff behind Spinaker's cookers??
    Last edited by HouseHomey; April 27, 2018, 08:57 AM. Reason: cleaning up my act.

Comment

Great job Husk! It was cool to see everyone's cooking areas, I clearly need to step up my cooking area game. I should have had the gasser, other PBC and the KEG in there too but I was in a hurry.

Tons of great food this week too! @Steveo had a great picture to kick it all off. Are you kidding me with that spread?

This month there was burgers, ribeyes, Prime rib, ham, ribs, sausage, turkey legs, lamb chops, bread, Tri-Tip. Deviled eggs, ATBs OH MY!!!!!!! (Reminds me of a John Pinette bit)

Truely a testament to everyone's love for all things BBQ. Great work everybody!

Comment

• Kevin_nj
        Kevin_nj commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, pretty cool to see everyone's setups.

Spinaker, can you tell me more about that small cooker in between the two BGE/Kamodo style cookers?

Edit to add: Is it a Lodge Sportsman? If it is or isn't how do you like it? Looks like a great size for a couple of quick burgers or steaks on a weeknight.
        Last edited by Kevin_nj; April 27, 2018, 01:15 PM. Reason: Added text.

Excellent job of representing the work done here both by the membership and the crew. Makes this a place worth coming back to and hangin' around !!!

Comment

HouseHomey here is what it looked like the week before.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4015.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	490397

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe an ACME blow dryer would help?

Woohoo! My tri-tip made the cut!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
          Wow that's gotta be tough. I think this month is a great production. So, so much good food. People in the pit can seriously cook!! Wowza!
          Thanks, and yes, I unfortunately had to skip a LOT- it's tough doing the eeny-meeny thing with the great pics. I just can't put 80 pictures in there, there has to be a realistic limit. Good problem to have as long as no one gets mad at me if I skipped something great of theirs. Then the fact that there's lots of singular topics started outside of the SUWYC topic, I just can't get to 'em all!

Comment

• VideoWolf88
            VideoWolf88 commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries, Huskee, it's just motivation for next month!

Sorry for the typo in your handle Stevo. I thought I'd typed it without the extra 'e', but there it is.

Comment

• Stevo
            Stevo commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries!

Great job Huskee ! I guess I missed the thread w everyone's backyard set up. That was so cool to see those pics. BBQCentralShow Greg, holy cow! What an assortment of cookers you've got.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! That staff members' showcase isn't in The Pit, it's a special for the newsletter.

Another great edition Huskee. Pit people can cook! I liked the cooking areas and will be followibg that thread!

Comment

Thanks! Makes me want to go back home and cook something else.

Comment

Nice Work as always.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here