Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine drinkers- get this $60 wine bottle opener for $3.99 on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskee thanks, Huskee. Great deal, even with shipping costs!

Comment

I received mine yesterday, and of course I had to test it out last night. Works pretty well. It isn't quite as well made as a Leverpull stainless steel unit, but they go for almost $200 sometimes. It has a few rough edges if you look closely, but they don't seem to impair the function. I am not sure if the worm is Teflon coated, but they give you an extra one, which is a nice touch. All in all, well worth the $4! If I didn't have all the other openers, it would probably be worth the $60.

Comment

whoo hoo! ordered it and the coupon code dropped me to $0.00 with shipping. Freebie!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          No way! I'll take ten!

Out of curiosity I just ordered one and it will be delivered on Saturday for a grand total of $0.00. For some reason, I feel kind of dirty. Ha!

Comment

I just ordered one on my account, and one on my wifes. They were both free, and only she has prime. You can just make up an email address. I used [email protected], and [email protected], so don't try those.

Comment

​pittkappasig Craigar snowandsmoke
            What happened is the device dropped in price from $60 to $35 or so. However, the discount still takes $55-something off. So if you order one you get it reduced to free(!), if you order 2 you get them reduced to $15 total.

It will not take long for them to catch this error.

Comment

• pittkappasig
              pittkappasig commented
              Editing a comment
              gave it a test run last night... nice bottle opener! this will probably take the place of my annoying, but convenient electric opener.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              pittkappasig Good to know, thanks for the update!. It has a great solid feel in the hand. Unfortunately all week I've been working and haven't had a chance to actually use it. Have a family wedding to attend shortly, maybe after the reception tonight I can pop a new bottle and test it out.

Thanks for the update Huskee. I guess I should have ordered 2 since my wife has a propensity to break them. 😎

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I've bought 3 now. I'm thinking of creating yet another Amazon account and picking up 2 more for $15. We're giving away one as a wedding gift today! Great quality gifts for CHEAP! (Just don't tell the bride & groom please, we want them to think we dropped $60)

thanks, came out to 0.00 for me, prime member.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Can't beat that!

I think it's over. I managed to get 3, two at $3.99 and one at $0.00. Not bad.

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw one just like it on Ebay for $45

This is just a method to pump up their sales and reviews. Amazon ranks the products in terms of sales, so by basically giving away a couple of hundred they end up at the top of the 'best seller" list.
            In a few days (if you used a legit email address) you'll start getting requests to leave a review. In their defense, after I left my thermometer review I did get a thank you email from "Gina" - the owner of Palermo Family Brands.

Their latest deal was a tooth-whitening kit. Not interested personally, but heck for $4 for a decent instant read thermometer and $4 for a decent wine bottle opener... not bad.

Jim

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly my thoughts.

Mine broke after opening my 4th bottle.

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Ernest I have two of them (never use) I will let you have one for $49.95....LOL

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              HAHAHAHA!! I'll keep using a knife then.

Ernest ours is still going strong.

Comment

I really liked that thing!!

Comment

I think I will put the two that I have on EBay and if they sell I will put the money towards another SnS

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here