Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wok Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wok Shop

Used to get stuff there occasionally. They have a good selection. Now they seem to have disappeared. They don’t answer the phones. No answering machine. No email response and no other contact response. Their website still allows you to place an order but orders never get charged or fulfilled.

Wonder if they went under this last year?

Wow. I ordered online from them not long ago. They took an extra week or so before shipping, but the wok came. Looks like I ordered the last week of December and it came the second week of January from old posts here.

Comment

That’s odd. I just ordered from them maybe a month ago and think it was delivered with a week. Haven’t had a reason to call or email them so not sure how responsive they are.

Happy with my wok. Not so much with the wok spatula as it wasn’t put together well and the wood handle keeps popping off the spatula part.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Drill it out and put in a small stainless steerl roundhead screw in.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s sorta made that way. I store the wood parts in a drawer, as they fit nicely in an upright container with my other paraphernalia ie. spatulas, dippers etc.

Going out of business, there is a whole lot of that going around.

Comment

Amazon has some very good woks and utensils. And at excellent prices.

Comment

Polarbear777 , Just talked to Tane Shan the owner, she is OPEN. When I called she answered & very sweetly told me it was 9 miniputes after they had closed. Will be open tomorrow 11 am to 6 pm PST.
          I have a thing for private businesses over Amazon, just me personally.
          Love the Wok Shop!
          Oh, 1-888-780-7171 Or. www.wokshop.com
          Last edited by FireMan; February 5, 2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
            JimLinebarger commented
            Editing a comment
            Your url goes to www.workshop.com not www.wokshop.com.

This goes to their new site. https://www.wokshop.com/newstore/
            Last edited by JimLinebarger; February 5, 2021, 09:55 PM.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Amazon IS a private business. Just saying.

• Histrix
            Histrix commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems to me the vast majority of woks on the Amazon site are sold VIA Amazon by private third party companies and NOT sold by Amazon itself. In any case, my first shot would be to go to a local Asian supermarket - you'll probably find woks aplenty and at lower cost.

I love the wok shop!!

Comment

I just ordered from them a few weeks ago. Took longer than normal to ship my order but they have a great selection and my items arrived the other day.

I heard that the store is having a hard time getting their stock orders in from the WOK manufacturers due to COVID.

I also placed an order with MTC Kitchen. It said on my email receipt that it would be 2-3 weeks before it ships. These shops are dealing with supply issues, staff issues, and are overwhelmed with orders.
            Last edited by Old Glory; February 6, 2021, 04:57 AM.

Comment

I placed an order with them on Jan 8. I kept checking my order status, and for 4 weeks, the status was "Invoice Printed". I sent 4 emails (one per week) and got no response.

Finally I called them on Feb 4. They answered right away. They said that the wok set I ordered is on hold because the US-made wok's factory they use is down to 1-2 people per shift due to high Covid infections. Within 2 days I got a notice that my wok set is being shipped. Should be here next week.

The customer service/staff person at the Wokshop couldn't have been nicer. I'll still do business with them, but I wish they had time to answer customer emails.

Kathryn

Comment

Ordered from them at the beginning of January. Just received my Wok. I too had several unanswered emails so I called. The 3rd time she answered and we had a great conversation. She told me the Wok I ordered needed to be finished and asked if I would be the one cooking with it. When I told her yes, she said "You don't want that one, it's a sissy Wok". She said "Trust me you will be happier with this one, and I can tell you are no sissy". Still have to season it but I'm sure I will enjoy using it.

They are just having supply issues. Great people

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like you were talking to Tane, she is a sweetheart.

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, thank goodness that the wok set that I ordered includes a US-made flat bottomed, 14 inch carbon steel wok with a wood main handle and a metal helper handle. No sissie woks for me either!

Still waiting for the Wok Set to show up: it's out for delivery. Yippee!

K.

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whewwwww! And here I wuz thinkin I would have to call the doc of fuzziness a sissy. All is right with the world.

I finally got through on the phone after a week and turns out you have to wait a dozen rings.

they are busy and tons of stuff backordered.
                I might get part of my order. The rest she said maybe months.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here