Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill Brush Emitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You had to mention transistors. As a retired EE, I was happy to forget about all that. Never thought I would be reminded of that here.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Mark V well then does cathode fire off any synapse? Thats where I started down the EE road I still have some heaters that make great music!

This is a sobering post, and enough for me to be grateful for having switched to wadded aluminum foil for cleaning my grates a few years ago. My impetus was similar to yours. I was using a Good Quality grill brush from a Reputable Dealer after each cook. Then one day, before a cook, I noticed short broken brush bits in the valleys of my Grill Grates. That tore it for me.

I purchased a kevlar arm protector, and some gloves rated to 1200° and moved a box of heavy duty aluminum foil to my outdoor BBQ storage area for easy access when making aluminum foil wads. Now that's all I use for grate cleaning, unless I'm doing a deep clean grill grate soak in hot water heater pan, that is.

Kathryn

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Arm protector and gloves, nice touch Kathryn! I need to go into my punk works shop and see what I have, I probably already own those items

Just picked this up a few weeks ago. Its a little slower but works well.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      I just got the one xaugievike suggested, haven’t used it yet

I've never been able to find the exact brush again, but my neice, years ago, gave me one of the curly brushes that is a single strand of stainless steel wire. There's really no way for it to shed, unless the wire breaks and it all falls apart. I have a stainless welding brush I use on occasion if a grate is really dirty, but use it when I am also hosing and washing things down, to be sure the bristles are gone. Regular brushes - I don't use them anymore. The danger is real.

On the plus side - all my burgers come off a flat top these days - no brush bristles near that bad boy!

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      did you see the pic I posted of the single strand stainless curly brush I posted?

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      smokenoob I've seen a few like that and tossed them. The one I have is pretty thick gauge wire. I've inspected it and never found a break. If I do, it goes in the trash.

I pretty much only use it on the kettle grates, and then wipe them down or rinse them after.

smokenoob So it's kind of ironic with the timing of this subject. Below is a pic of my current brush with just one wire broken. It's no where near the shape yours is in. It's my second one as the previous one was in the same condition before I tossed it and got this one. So I was planning on getting a new one until just last night!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210126_044144557.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	980493

Scrubbing my GGs after searing a tri tip I found this (look near the end of the GGs right in the middle of the pic):

Name:	PXL_20210126_043959557.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	980494

Name:	PXL_20210126_044041417.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	980495

So no more of these brushes for me. I ordered the Grill Rescue.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here