Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero Credit's Official Grill Rescue Brush Review (accept no substitutes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got mine yesterday and tried it on my GGs flat side up. Works crazy good! After the grates cooled, I rubbed my finger across the surface and I didn't pick up any kind of smudge. Great find STEbbq Thanks!

One tip for anyone getting this, go slow at first until you get the hang of it. My first pass was a little too aggressive. I splashed hot water all over the place and made a huge cloud of steam that wasn't too comfortable on my hand.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I am happy they worked out for you!

I wouldn't ever buy this based on their website alone, their video makes me cringe -- looks and sound like a fake product. So bro-y. When buying there is a checkbox to "weekly recipe drops" that charge people $4.99 a month 😡.

Your review is great, thanks for writing this up. I wait for a sale on their website to grab one (maybe if I stop hating their marketing by then).

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      You marketer hater you, picky, picky, picky. 🕶

• fcy
      fcy commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq how did you monitor for sales on their website? Anything fancy or just going there from time to time?

FireMan hahaha fair

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I signed up for their emails fcy . I get maybe 1 a month but sometimes more if there is a big holiday.

I made the mistake of visiting their website and that led to being inundated with promotions. But, in spite of the website and in your face marketing, I purchased one. It's well made, very sturdy and it works as long as you bring a bowl of water to the grill to wet the applicator. Once I made a purchase, it got worse. I was spammed with offers to buy another one at a lower price! This is Internet marketing gone awry.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps start a brand new email account used only for such. Keep all that spam in one account?

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

I got mine at ace hardware for $35 with a single head with metal scraper and the hanging accessory. I have found that it doesn't clean as advertised when I put mine in the dishwasher even after giving it a pretreatment (dawn platinum power wash on the sponge). That said I think it's perfect for grill grates. I have also used it on my Arteflame and it did a good job cleaning it but it initiated some rust even though all the water had steamed off and I oiled the Arteflame after. Overall I am pleased with mine. If it lasts as many uses as they claim it will be worth the premium. I have probably used mine 20 times and it seems to be holding up well. When I get a replacement head I will probably go with one without the scraper.

Comment

So if I buy this I have to clean my grills/smokers? That sounds like work.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m with you.

I found a discount on their site, an extra 20% off. Search for "discount for amazon customers". Follow that, and you then get an email with a code for 20% off the entire site.

Comment

Anyone use this with a charcoal grill?
          I'm a little concerned with introducing that much water into the bottom of the kettle.

Comment

This is the only brush I have and I use it on my SNS kettle. I get it nice and wet and then press down on the ny bowl before I put it in the grates. I have no issues with it. If anything I’ll use the scraper only on it especially in the winter when I’m too lazy to get it wet because my hoses are disconnected.

Comment

Meathead showed me this when I picked up the G2 from his house and had great things to say. It will go on my list of bbq wants for the future
              Last edited by J-Melt; November 28, 2023, 07:17 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                We talked about it as well! I hope he posts a review someday.

I use mine on the flat top, does a great job.

Comment

Great write up and your experience with this grill cleaner is worth a lot. I have been tempted in the past and now tempted some more. The steam principle is one I learned years ago which was effective and messy. When finished cooking soak old newspapers in water, wrap the grills in the wet newspapers and return it to the grill as it cools down. The steam created does a good job, but the wiping of the grill is messy. While the Grill Rescue Brush is far easier and less messy, I think with the ready availability nitrile gloves at Harbor Fright I will give the old method a go again before making the investment. Who knows the old method and the Grill Rescue Brush might prove to be dynamic duo.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here