Welcome!


This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Toy

    So this came in today... blame it on the new GrillGrates! ( and maybe the fact that I want to know how hot somethings running when I know the Mavs can only handle about 552 )

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s01

    Fired the gasser up all the way with the GG's. Max temp recorded was 786 degrees. Soon I'll be zapping the afterburner, stuff cookin' in the cast iron, blah, blah, blah.

    Now I need a 4th GG, SnS, standalone freezer, DigiQ, PartyQ, PBC, Stickburner, etc... oh please stop the madness! Picnic Pavillion, Food Truck...

    Best cooking to all!

    --Ed


    #2
    Congrats on the "sanity" with respect to necessity.

    Comment


      #3
      Nice, I had one of those when I was a mechanic. I used it 1% of the time for what it was needed for, the other 99% was to see just how hot that thing that just burned me really was.

      Comment


      • Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I can foresee zapping everything going on in the kitchen. What's that sauce cookin' at? blah, blah, blah.

        How mad is #1 since I just ordered the MasterForge instead of painting the office?

      #4
      Nice! Meathead has a review on those you should check out

      Comment


        #5
        Thermoworks had a good sale on IR guns a while back and I bought one. I was taking the temperature of everything in the house, including my wife. They are useful, but even more fun. I have been scared to really max out the GrillGrates on a 4 burner gasser. I was heating them up one day and turned away for a couple of minutes, and they were smoking! The DOT maxed out at 550 and I immediately turned off all the burners because I didn't want to warp the grates. I will tell you, though, those grates have not been that clean since I bought them...

        Comment


        • Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! about taking the temps on everything. I believe I read that the GG's will melt @ 1200. I only have 3 burners on the Genesis.

        #6
        I've been eyeballing those things for a while now. When I bake bread or pizza I can't use the Maverick or the DigiQ because I'll get to 600/700°.

        Comment


        • Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          This one is rated up to 1202 F with 10 yr warranty.

        • Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm gonna order that today though the AR website from Amazon.

        • Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          Sold! Good for you! I zapped a dang cushion that had sun shining on it and the IR reported it @104. GA weather has been awful this past week.

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      500
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis