Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite cleanser for stainless steel grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite cleanser for stainless steel grates

This is my go to for my stainless steel grates. It also works wonderfully for stainless steel cookware and enameled cast iron 👌

Bar Keepers Friend Powdered Cleanser 21-Ounces (2-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EN9XUI..._95O0EbQ465HPP
    Attached Files

Love that stuff! But I use KBB for my kettle grates.

Comment

I always have some around.

Comment

Bar Keepers is definitely my Friend!

Comment

What a coincidence! I just received this info from Epicurious in an email. The best way to remove grease from a stove top. Seems like it should work well for grates too. Ya might have to do a good rinse though as they did not publish and safety concerns:

Comment

May have to try this - love the name!

Comment

Good stuff. $1.99 for a 21 ounce can of powder at Farm and Fleet here in the upper Midwest.

Comment

Impressive photos, especially with those grates, which are always a concern to me when it comes to cleaning.

I've got a can of it under the sink. Time to liberate it.

Kathryn

Comment

Love that stuff. Never used it for anything but SS cookware, though. I like the idea of using it for SS grates, but I don't have any of them.

Comment

I'm curious on you apply it on the stainless steel grates. It seems that trying to sprinkle it on just wastes the majority of it that will fall thru the grate. Do you apply it to a brush and then scrub it? Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

• pkadare
                      pkadare commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sprinkle it on a damp sponge or cloth and then clean.

For those familiar with brewing you can also use PBW by Five Star and find it at brew supply stores and on amazon. it eats or dissolves baked on organic soils, carbon, sugar, grease, fats. i also use it on my stove when something burns on the stove top.
                    • Cleaner is very effective in removing thick, difficult, and caked-on organic soils.
                    • Effective substitute for caustic soda cleaners and household cleaners.
                    • Can clean items that cannot be reached with a brush or sponge by simply soaking and rinsing.
                    • Safe on skin as well as stainless steel, rubber, soft metals, and on plastics.

Comment

Been using Bar Keepers for years, also just use good old Comet as well. The PBW stuff above looks interesting.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here