Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucket List Cooking Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quality Stick Burner and a quality pellet cooker

Comment

Hmmm, I can’t think of anything that I REALLY want...and even less that I actually NEED.
      I can make darn near anything on the cookers that I have. What I can’t make (whole hog for instance) I have no desire to make. Pots & pans are covered (pun intended) and I have a good collection of European & Japanese knives. Mixers, food processors, scales, yada yada yada...

Living alone, I’m unencumbered by arbitrary budget restrictions. LOL I don’t have to justify any of my purchases. (Not that I did when married. 30+ guitars doesn’t happen by accident.) I’ve pretty much always been of the mindset that if one wants something, and the bills & what not are taken care of, go for it. Life is too short to keep thinking about a trip to "Someday Isle." ;-)

About the only thing I don’t have is my Mauviel fish poacher. But I also know that it wouldn’t get used enough to purchase a new one, so would end up a pretty dust collector. Still, it is a thing of beauty. So let’s put that on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by ecowper View Post
        But if you could have any chef knife, what would it be? Or any great stock pot? What things do you drool over?
        Oh man, there are lots of great handmade knives. But I would also require knives that didn’t require excessive care. So, no high carbon steel, even if it looks nice.

For pots and pans, I guess a nice set of All Clad would be cool. I’m sure there are better, but that’s a brand that I know. But the ones I have are pretty good. Maybe a smooth surfaced 12” cast iron pan would be nice.

Comment

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          The stargazer 12” is as close to perfect as I can imagine and I’ve cooked on many.

This: https://www.all-clad.com/Cookware/Se...t/p/8400000009

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m drooling over that Mike .... going on the bucket list for sure

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          When the economy comes back and the investments heal up this is making its way to the To Do List. Man, I'd love to see those tiny little bubbles rising from the bottom. SWMBCO (She who must be convinced otherwise) nixed it previously, but I'm girding up my loins for the ensuing battle! I'll tell her I'll sell a gun. She won't believe it for a second, but it gives her an out and it's worked in the past.

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Love my All-Clad pots & pans. I’ve been using them pretty much exclusively for many years now. Exceptions are CI & Dutch ovens.

Mine are just the regular tri-ply stuff though because I’m not even sure if I saw the copper core when I purchased mine. (Not sure when it became available.) That said, from a cooking standpoint, they’re going to be very close. Perhaps slightly less energy needed to heat the copper core. Beyond that, mostly the same. The copper core does have a nice look though.

A brick wood fired pizza that has a side area with a side wood fired Santa Maria grill built into it. maybe an area that I can drop in my 26 into the bricks as well

Comment

I absolutely love my Kramer carbon steel chef knife. Works great for my big hands, has some heft to it to get through just about anything. The carbon steel gets a razor sharp edge and is just soft enough for your honing steel to whip it back into shape easily.

If we’re going into the "dream" bucket list status I have to say a grillworks grill. Man...well...their website is drool worthy

Comment

After a lot of deep thought and consideration, I’ve decided that what I would really like to have is;
            HouseHomey sequestered in my house cooking meals for me and the family

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, I meant to call dubs.........damn it!

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahahahaha, laugh of the Day! Oh wait, you were serious.......

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              HouseHomey just remember who will keep you "hydrated"

There are so many but in reality i probably wouldn't use that .75 horse LEM Big Bite meat grinder as much as i think I would but it would be nice to have in the arsenal. MAK 2 star and a Shirley cabinet will all the bells and whistles.

Comment

A high-end stick burner - Yoder or Horizon.
              A Kamado - Weber Summit Charcoal Grill.
              Santa Maria.
              A Kegerator.

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Great adds!

• surfdog
                surfdog commented
                Editing a comment
                I too look longingly at Santa Maria grills...but haven’t gone that route (yet) because of where I currently live. WAY too much "vegetation" for me to feel comfortable about having an open fire. Funny enough, all my neighbours think it’s kinda rude to burn several acres when cooking a tri-tip. Go figure. LOL That’s what made me look at these... http://www.azbbqgrills.com/page-1/
                Not really a bucket list item though...seeing as I’m quite happy with the way my tri-tip turns out on my other grills.

• surfdog
                surfdog commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh...
                And a kegerator shouldn’t be a bucket list thing...it’s a "must have." LOL ;-)

Troutman ofelles CaptainMike ecowper the more the ..... Drunker.

I need a double version of this tall cabinet then you got it sir. Ok, just buy me one.
              Last edited by HouseHomey; April 12, 2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• ofelles
                ofelles commented
                Editing a comment
                HouseHomey Be on the lookout come Xmas. Secret Santa............I'm sure someone will step up!

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                ofelles Now we are talking.

One of Franklin’s new pits, powder coated and a steak locker.

Comment

OK, I'll go for broke...I'd like to add a Kalamazoo Grill to my list.

Comment

I have some all clad. But I have one of these and I like it much much better. May as well go for the whole set.

Solidteknics 7 piece nöni™ stainless steel cookware set. 100% made in Australia. Suitable for all heat sources (including induction). Healthy, sustainable, multi-generational cookware.

Comment

• treesmacker
                    treesmacker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow - free skillet included - go for it!

I have thought pretty hard about this over the past couple of years, and I'm good as far as cookers and accessories. What I need is better food storage options. Upright freezer, dedicated meat fridge, etc.

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    go chest freezer. Don't loose all the cold when you open them, mire efficient, and recover faster.

• Steve R.
                    Steve R. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good point, texastweeter. I actually have a smaller chest freezer now, but probably just need a bigger one.

Honestly, I can't think of much. Maybe an endless supply of consumables. I always seem to run out at the most inconvenient times when a trip to the market is not feasible.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here