Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raichlen Rib Racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raichlen Rib Racks

Been smoking more and more ribs for folks. Can't wait to test these beasts out. They weigh almost 4lbs each, RAISE the ribs off the grate, two of these side by side will envelope all the SLC I need them to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191227_134752.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	784100

Add some time to your cook. When I use racks it takes longer.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I run 275-ish and it wasn't much different in the Weber rack with 4 racks spaced apart using PBC hooks. I'll get better spacing with these.

Depending on your cooker lid they can raise the ribs too high, especially on kettles.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Pellet pooper. Might cut off the handles on one side if things get tight against the lid.

Jerod Broussard you have a Grid Iron, right? Will two of these sit side by side for you? My Grand Slam should be the same depth, so I’m curious as to your results.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      They should. I had to leave for work I'll get some shots 3am-ish CST after work tonight. I got two because I can't stand the ends of the ribs hanging against each other. I have the Grid Iron.

AmosMoses01 perfect fit on the bottom grates, centered on the drip pan, zero door contact. If I went up to the first level on my Pro Shelf Unit I would need to cut off the handles on at least one side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191228_033609.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	784277

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Do I need to drive up there and show you how to use that camera?

• AmosMoses01
      AmosMoses01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'll only be able to use one rack w/the Grand Slam, but even so this looks like a winner! (I'm still kicking myself for going smaller thinking that "empty nest" meant I'd be cooking smaller - live and learn! )

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Troutman cell flash

But, but, Jerod, how do you pile on 3" of brown sugar using rib racks?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      A blend of Modified Memphis and Huskee's Rub and a sweet BBQ sauce does just fine

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard I thought you were going to tell him "meat glue"

One per kettle? These looks better than the others. Stronger and wider.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      You could try two......good luck with the lid!

I like ribs

Comment

First cook was on the bottom grates. Three racks. That low, the top portion of the ribs cook a little quicker so I had to flip them once I saw much more bark developing on the upper portions.

I have 4 racks next cook, therefore the handles are coming off via Dremel tool so I can move up to the next level.

Very pleased with the purchase. I can still see where I could design my own.

Comment

• jerrybell
        jerrybell commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking you were cutting the handles off the cooker. Wasn't quite sure how that was going to help, and it seemed a little drastic. It finally registered with me that it is the rib rack handles you are removing.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here