Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rummage sale items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rummage sale items

While re-arranging the small piece of kitchen real estate where I store my grilling essentials, i find that i have a wide variety of items that are used seldom, if at all. Some were received as gifts, some are ill advise purchases and some just were replaced with bigger/better/stronger/faster equipment over the years. I mean... i rarely use a rib rack anymore, and i sure don't need three. The unique upright Jalapeno cooker only will fit a specific size of Jalapeno... which we all know there is a wide range of sizes. The different BBQ gloves that were either unwieldy or ill fitting or just ineffective.... these are the types of things that my wife affectionately (?) calls my BBQ crap. They are now in a box, to be sold at the next garage sale. Avg price $1.00 ea.

So the topic of today's discussion.... if you had a rummage sale, what BBQ accessories/items of yours should be dispatched to the $1.00 table ?
    Last edited by CurlingDog; April 10, 2015, 08:28 AM. Reason: Edited for spelling errors

Everything silicone I have including gloves and especially sauce brush. My new Weber charcoal chimney, my old off-brand was much better, I have to wear gloves with the new one. That's about it, I don't buy too much stuff like that.

Comment

A charcoal basket that fits my offset smoker that has since been converted to gas. Bout it....

Comment

I try to stay away from accessories as much as possible. The more caveman style the better. But yeah, I brought one of those rib racks that I thought I needed. I never use it on the grill. However I found a good use for it, I stack all my cast iron in it.

Comment

I would contribute my beer can chicken holder, my chicken leg holder, and the great rib rack.

Comment

Why the brush? What are you using instead?

Originally posted by John View Post
            Everything silicone I have including gloves and especially sauce brush. My new Weber charcoal chimney, my old off-brand was much better, I have to wear gloves with the new one. That's about it, I don't buy too much stuff like that.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking the same thing, why the brush? I like because there easy to clean.
              So what are you using?

• Drbearsec
              Drbearsec commented
              Editing a comment
              Plus not disease carriers like the damn mops... I guess if I threw it away each time but still.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here