Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refrigerator Freezer Crapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refrigerator Freezer Crapped

We saved the meat in my sister’s freezer. Fortunately she doesn’t cook much. However, my hatch chili supply is in the trash can. Since the hatch chili season is over for this year, I guess I’ll have to suffer thru til next year.

That is terrible. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks. We ordered a one for the kitchen and a chest freezer for the garage. I hope it can handle the heat.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this.

Comment

At risk of dating myself: Bummer, man!

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

Thats worse than kissing your sister.
              I feel your pain

Comment

I feel your pain...literally. Ours died over the weekend. It was only 7 years old. I have been told fridges only last 7-10 years now. My parents have a 30 year old fridge still cranking in the basement. Not to sound like a curmudgeon, but they don't build them like they used to.

Comment

• Randy-Phx
                  Randy-Phx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope it lasts longer than 10 years. The replacement was not cheap.

Man, loosing the hatch chilis really hurts!

Comment

Sorry to hear this. It's a sad thing to have to throw out good food. Those Hatch chilis next year will be tasting really good to you, I'll bet, after your chili withdrawal in the interim. The canned ones in the grocery just don't taste as good.

Kathryn

Comment

Sorry to heard about your loss. Mine popped a breaker a while back while I was away lost everything.
                    If it's any consolation https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/ has fire roasted Hatch chiles for sale year round. I use then all the time.

Comment

I’m sure we’ll buy some. Thanks for the link. We buy them in season for 3 lbs for a dollar. Roast them at home, remove the skin and seeds and package them 4 to a packet. You can’t beat the price.

Comment

I feel you. Had it happen to me awhile back.

Comment

Knock wood, this has never happened to us. I know a few who have had this happen. One happened when they were away on a ten day vacation during a July heatwave. The stench would have gagged a maggot. The cleanup had to be done by a company that does crime scene cleanup. Glad you were able to save some of it.

Comment

We just leave the door open for a few days....same result....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here