Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Molcajete, All 11 pounds!! Directly from Mexico.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molcajete, All 11 pounds!! Directly from Mexico.

Soaking. Will hit with the power washer at the car wash this weekend. May grind some rice/water just to appreciate it.

I had a smaller one, actually a Mortar and Pestle. It arrived with the pestle broke in half, well maybe 65:35. Shipped it back to Amazon. Someone at work got me this beast. Wife loves Guacamole and Pico and all that mess. She's gonna like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010131.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	64120

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    Soaking. Will hit with the power washer at the car wash this weekend. May grind some rice/water just to appreciate it.

I had a smaller one, actually a Mortar and Pestle. It arrived with the pestle broke in half, well maybe 65:35. Shipped it back to Amazon. Someone at work got me this beast. Wife loves Guacamole and Pico and all that mess. She's gonna like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n64120[/ATTACH]
    @
    My brother and his wife got one of those for a wedding gift. (My sister in law is 50% Mexican) Man does it make some killer homemade guac. You don't see those much they are fun to have around the kitchen.

Comment

• Medusa
      Medusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool!

My supplier is 100% Mexicanus. They made a trip back home last week.

Name:	P1010132.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	64137
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 19, 2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Only way to do it

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, that's a Fred Flintstone style tool right there, that thing is bad a$$!

some of the best salsa... fire roasted tomatoes chiles, onions...salt... mash it up... damn!

Comment

That is a guac making machine! Nice!

Comment

That'd be a heck of a heat sink water bowl in your smoker too.

Comment

Nice, Jerod

Comment

I know a guy near me that makes a great dish using one of these. He serves it with the liquid boiling... and the Molcajete holds the heat so well that it will continue to simmer for about 15 minutes and still remains hot after 30 minutes... pretty amazing... The place in the video is not the place near me but the dish is very similar...

For anyone not aware... the traditional Molcajete is hand made / carved from lava rock...

Last edited by Hondo; February 20, 2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Yeah, this thing has lava rock/Fred Flintstone written all over it.

Comment

Power washed the ever-living crap out this thing. Now for some rice. Rice is staying perfectly white. Good sign.

Name:	P1010134.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	64643

Comment

• Hondo
                  Hondo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like you've got it clean! I think I'm going to have to get one of those...

• Karon Adams
                  Karon Adams commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OMG! THis just went on my 'want' list. another new, exciting toy to explore!!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here