Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with one of these??? >>> JAPANESE CLAY THREE-TIER SMOKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with one of these??? >>> JAPANESE CLAY THREE-TIER SMOKER

JAPANESE CLAY THREE-TIER SMOKER

Nope, but it looked cool so I Googled a bit. Not a ton out there that I can find of people actually using it. Sounds a little too good to be true. This is one of the few links I found with some actual cooking.

Comment

I am skeptical. If nothing else than for the stale smoke bath your food gets, and the risk of a smoke plume indoors when getting your meat off. And it's not cheap. This is one of those items where I'd LOVE to see someone else get it and report back.

Comment

This is just stove top smoking. You can use your steel wok and do the same thing. It's an integral part of many asian dishes and does have its place. It really shines for seafood and chicken. When done properly, you'll get more smoke from the hot oil in a wok, than from this method(usually). However, either will set your smoke alarm(s) off from time to time. The resulting product is fantastic as an addition to miso soup and other asian type noodle broth(s).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here