Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Question: Best sprayer for BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Question: Best sprayer for BBQ?

Yes, I know some don't believe in spaying the meat with liquid, but I like to especially on ribs, and my BBQ mentor (Harry Soo) does so as well.
    The problem of course is that most sprayers have cheap workings and metal springs that easily rust after one use when using a liquid that has any acid in in at all (mine is usually apple juice, vinegar and a little water). I've tried those gardens sprayers that can hold a quart and pump out a lot of liquid, but those too get all funky very quickly. I was thinking of using those Misto sprayers that are made for olive oil. They don't pump out a lot, but they don't have any springs to rust either since they work on pressure. What do yo folks use? Thanks again! I really love this Pitmaster Club!!!

I just buy the cheap spray bottles at Ace Hardware. I was them out, when I'm done, and then fill it up with water, and a little bleach, and squirt that through the nozzle several times, then dump it out and let it air dry before storing. The bottles last me a long time that way.

Comment

cheap $1 bottle with adjustable nozzle from target.

Comment

I'm with big Ern on this one. I just use a cheap $1 spray bottle from Home Depot.

Comment

$1.00 spray bottles are best. I'm not normally a throw away kinda guy. Wash and bleach them if you like. toss them if don't.

Comment

I don't toss away, they're pretty durable.
            If you want to go a little "gourmet" Bed Bath and beyond have metal spray bottles for about 10 bucks. I have had one for close to 2 years. I use it to sanitize the kitchen work area.

Comment

I agreed with the $1 spray bottles

Comment

Some last longer than others. The secret is finding the ones that last a long time. I usually get the spray bottles from HD or Lowes that are in the aisle with the cleaning solvents. They usually last longer than the others as they are built to withstand the rigors of a hostile to the springs environment. Usually cost $3-4/bottle.

Comment

Another question is why is this thread here?

I mean like in this channel? ; )
                  Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 10, 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good catch Jon, moved to Accessories.

Indeed. They moved my post on pimento wood to the poultry channel. I thought that was an interesting choice.

DEW

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not sure who moved it, but since there's no "wood types" channel (yet), your post seemed to be heading into a jerk chicken direction, using pimento wood, Hence the recipes/techniques>poultry placement.

Where would you rather it be? We can move it if it fits elsewhere.

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, it's all good. I just thought it was unusual. No worries. I see the connection to jerk chicken, but it's all in one's perspective. When I think of jerk, my first reaction is pork, since that was my first experience with jerk. Not so for most Americans I would guess.

I use the cheapo's but have to be careful where I put them, my wife uses the same type for vinegar and bleach.

Comment

• Ken Goldenberg
                    Ken Goldenberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The vinegar would be ok - Not the bleach! The cheapos works, I just find that any acid that gets into them makes the little spring rust, and they are hard to clean. I may go with the Misto sprayer. They simple work off of pressure from pumping the top. Good for small BBQs, but would be a hassle for something large. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here