Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a fan to speed things up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a fan to speed things up

This is probably something you guys already know, but I just realized how useful this is. I bought a clip on reading light to read while in bed (The Science of Great Barbecue, The Elements of Pizza, etc) and it came with this stupid little fan. I told my girlfriend it was gift for her, and she said absolutely not. So I tossed it aside somewhere.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61MRGb5tzuL._SY355_.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	389525

Well today I was firing up the Slow N Sear using a weber firestarter, and some lump charcoal. After a little bit I added the rest of the charcoal, and went back to my office to work and wait. It was taking awhile to get up to temp, and I grew impatient, that's when it hit me. Get that stupid little fan! It got the charcoal going in no time, and I was able to throw my meatloaves on at temperature much sooner. Now that fan has a home out by the grill.

There's a faster way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sab2Ltm1WcM

Comment

• Pirate Scott
      Pirate Scott commented
      Editing a comment
      Last thing a RedNeck Said before he died?????
      Hey Y'all Watch This!!!

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      Or, "Here, hold my beer!"

I use my daughters' hair dryer - but yours doesn't require a power-cord. I like it!

Comment

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      I also use the FiAir.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks nice.

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      sweet

Get a BBQ Dragon!

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      That thing really works!

The BBQ Dragon does a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
      The BBQ Dragon does a great job!
      Yeah but why would I get that when I have this stupid little fan?

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        You could drop your phone in the fire? 😃 save battery life of your phone? You can do it with your buddies watching and they won’t make fun of you?

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought of that and you have a point. I plan on trying to use an old usb charger I have laying around instead of my phone.

As quickly as a fan can boost a bed of coals, any fan you have will work. Hair dryers, too, although they need an electrical cord.

For my KJ, the Flame Boss has a fan that goes into the bottom vent. By putting the temperature probe outside the KJ and setting the control to any temperature higher than ambient, that fan will up a fire to sear temperatures in a couple of minutes.

For my Kettle/SNS, this guy gets it done almost instantly. Bought it to blow out computers, found it was great for drying a car, and on low speed makes a great boost for the fire. Runs off the same Makita batteries as my drill/driver set
      Click image for larger version

Name:	MakitaBlower.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	389661

Best regards,

Jim

Comment

Millions of fans have tried to speed up the pace of a baseball game to no avail.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Throw that one over in the jokes thread!

Jump started my KJ , after a wetness issue, by reversing the flow on my shop-vac.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to The Pit! Please take a second and introduce yourself. Thanks for the support!
          Tell us about yourself, your cooking skills or lack thereof, your current cooking gear or lack thereof, and meet other Pitmaster Club members! This is a great second stop, the first stop being the "Help!" channel to learn your way around our forum, how to create new topics, share pics, and so on.

Huskee This one has some good info, perhaps at

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Done!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here