Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hygrometer anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hygrometer anyone?

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a hygrometer, or an air moisture indicator. I've been experimenting a bit, and have a theory on when to use a water pan and when not to use one. To see if I'm correct I need a hygrometer, since I want to measure the air humidity inside my grill. I'm thinking something not too expensive, preferrably handheld, but with a probe (just like the Maverick ET-733). I figure if I can find one with a probe I can buy a cheaper one (that doesn't have to withstand high heat).

You could say I'm going Dr Blonders on this one

Anyhow, if y'all have any pointers or recommendations, I'm very interested.

I've considered the same, with the idea of experiments...but in all likelihood it would end up being more for kicks and giggles in my case, and more eye rolling from mylovely bride, lol. I know maverick makes many handy tools, I'm going to peruse their site to see if a hygrometer is one of them. Thermoworks is a likely candidate too.

Comment

Here's one place to start.

When it comes to Desk & Wall-Mounted Digital Thermometers & Hygrometers, you can count on Grainger. Supplies and solutions for every industry, plus easy ordering, fast delivery and 24/7 customer support.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I sent them an email asking if they carry devices where the probe can handle 300 deg F.

I'd look at Thermoworks and see if they have a K-probe for that that you could plug into the MTC (mini thermocouple).

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, TB, I emailed them but they replied that unfortunately they didn't have any products that would work. I'll keep looking.

I think Max had some intel on this a while back. Or maybe it was Dr. B. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: It was a rhetorical conversation on humidity control. Sorry my bad.
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; December 4, 2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here