Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patio Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patio Heater

It's getting cold and the wife and I were talking about renting some patio heaters for a party we're throwing, but I'm thinking it might be good to own, keep it out by the grill...

Anyone have any recommendations or wisdom they can share?

Wow, there are lots of variables. The biggest is keeping the wind in check. If you can't control the wind then your heat is lost. What kind of area are you talking about? On the porch? outside? That has an effect. I am putting up a wind break on the end of my deck to control the wind and then I will get a patio heater, probably propane fired. I am looking for one that is low vs the high ones

Comment

• Letmebefrank
      Letmebefrank commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a small patio that's surrounded on three sides by my house. I'm not particularly concerned about the wind. I'm leaning towards propane fired as well, though I'm not sure I've seen the "low" ones...are those similar to indoor space heaters? At any rate I think I'm going to opt for a tall one

Well, the tall ones are definitely more fashionable. Have you considered getting a 10'x10' or larger canopy that would fit in that area? Maybe to busy for you. I bought one of the tall one heaters, all stainless steel, and it was not inexpensive. I didn't care for it and sent it back. I know my Lowes has some propane fired fire pits and they have the tall outdoor heaters also. Check out Amazon when you do your research thay have a lot in that arena.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here