Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef TKYC sante series turkey cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef TKYC sante series turkey cannon

Has anyone seen one of these gizmos before?? Has anyone tried it? Apparently according to the photos on Amazon, you can fill the cannon part of it with liquids, (they suggested beer, and some sort of seasoning liquids). I was hope-ing that it might have a hole in the base so that the smoke could go up inside the turkey, so you'd get the turkey smoked both ways.

What caught my eye was the fact that this thing has 2 fork tines mounted on the cannon to keep the bird from twisting.

Check out the photo.Click image for larger version

Name:	camp chef tkyc sante series turkey cannon.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	24530

First I have seen of it. Looks interesting though. Probably like using a beer can for chicken

Comment

I have one that I received as a gift, but I have yet to use it. The info on this site discourages the beer can method, and while I don't agree with everything there, I have learned a lot of techniques on this site that render the beer can method unnecessary. That said, it is well constructed and seems built to last. The arm isn't super thick, allowing for airflow into the cavity-one of the criticisms of the beer can technique. If you buy it, check the top review on Amazon. The reviewer has some really interesting suggestions regarding infusing things like coconut milk into chickens with this thing. She's probably the main reason I am still holding onto the thing.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I think I'll stick with my tried and true method, taught by Meathead. 3rd turkey so far, and everyone loved it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here