Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My BBQ cabinets and storage shelves (I just built another cabinet)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My BBQ cabinets and storage shelves (I just built another cabinet)

    My newest BBQ cabinet. I have a similar one that’s 36” wide. (this one is 48” wide)

    I also have a homemade 48” wide wooden shelf, plus a 48” wide wire shelf. Everything is on wheels. I’ve also included quick photographs of the other cabinet and shelves.

    On the new one:

    There is a 3” tray on the top for grates, etc.

    The top shelf is for extra supplies like extra rolls of 24” peach butcher paper, 18” heavy duty foil, as well as foil pans, etc.

    On the next layer down, the left compartment is for my modified (for travel) 22” Weber Kettle. The right compartment is for my 18” Weber Jumbo Joe.

    The three compartments on the bottom right are for my Nomad grill, my Weber Go Anywhere grill, and a tote of charcoal (for travel).

    The slots on the left are for portable tables and my folding camping chair.

    I think between these four shelves / cabinets, and my 7’ of upper and lower BBQ kitchen cabinets, I should be able to store all of my BBQ stuff.

    I built the cabinet out of 1/2” and 3/4” plywood. It was sanded and has three coats of polycrylic sealer on it.

    Then I covered the sides and the back with cedar fence boards. I glue them, and then used 1/4”x3/4” staples to fasten them in place. They were different thicknesses, so I sanded it with 80 grit sandpaper to knock off a lot of the edges, and finished it with 120 grit sandpaper. The sanding really gives it a sharp look. I like the rustic look.

    I got the fence boards from a fence that Ulrich Barns tore down. I salvaged the boards, hauled them to Ohio where I use some of them to wrap the first BBQ cabinet, then I hauled them to Missouri, where I use them to wrap the second one.

    The wooden 48” shelves are built with reclaimed rough cut Western Red Cedar 2x4’s and deck boards. Also reclaimed from Ulrich tear outs.​

    it’s still all a mess, because we’re living in the house, and finishing it. And my shop is not organized yet. But eventually it will all be very organized.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1363.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	1887554

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1357.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	6.40 MB
ID:	1887555

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	6.58 MB
ID:	1887556

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1361.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	6.97 MB
ID:	1887557

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1365.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	1887558

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1366.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	4.93 MB
ID:	1887559

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1367.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	1887560

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8734.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	5.22 MB
ID:	1887561

    Last edited by BBQandLove; September 20, 2026, 03:11 PM.

    #2
    Nice work! That’s a great storage setup!

    Comment


      #3
      That looks great. It’s hard to have too much storage. I understand your shop problems. We’ve been here a year and I’m just now getting the last of my shop up and running.

      Comment


        #4
        Nice!

        Comment


          #5
          Very well done.

          Comment


            #6
            I wish I was that organized. Very nice!

            Comment


              #7
              Very organized. I wish I had your wood cabinet making skills. Great job.

              Comment


                #8
                That looks pretty awesome! I SO need to build a small shed for the patio to hold all my BBQ stuff...

                I guess I'll try to put the purchase order in with Corporate Accounting for the materials...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Wow!!!

                  Comment

                  Announcement

                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  0
                  Guest
                  Guest
                  500
                  ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
                  7