Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen Renovation and Using a Speed Oven as a BBQ Warmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Renovation and Using a Speed Oven as a BBQ Warmer

We’re doing a major kitchen renovation and replacing all our appliances. We’re looking at adding a speed oven to the repertoire and a lot of them have warming functions (between 140 and 160). Anyone have one and if so used it for resting meats? I love the cooler method or using my oven overnight but this feels like another great option especially if it holds at 160.

not sure what a speed oven is but I have sealed my finished pork butts in deep pan covered with aluminum foil in oven at 170° for serving many hours later

Comment

Also not sure what a speed oven is but mine has a keep warm setting that holds the temperature at about 160 avg. I have held brisket and beef plate ribs in there for as long as 5 hours with terrific results. Have no doubt that they could have held longer.

Comment

We went to an appliance store yesterday and guess they are a cross between a microwave, convection oven, and oven. Thanks all!

Comment

We have a GE advantium speed cook oven installed above our other oven and I tried all the various options such as the halogen cooking and other features. All the settings can get complicated and confusing. In the end we just basically use it as a very good microwave. Now they also have a GE warming drawer with variable temperatures which we also have. That works great holding food, proofing doughs and has enough space for a lot of food. That one we use all the time.

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            Avantium haha I see what they did there….I remember when we went from 486 to Pentium 😁

• Baltimorelger
            Baltimorelger commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you ever used the warming drawer for resting meats from the smoker or overnighting a brisket? I’ve played around with that as an option as well since it can go closer to 160 than my oven.

Yes to both questions. The low setting will hold in the range of 140-160. When I first started using it I kept a Thermowerks Smoke probe inside to ensure it would be safe. Never got below 140 and usually hovered around 150-155. I have attached two photos, one for the temperature range settings and another to show the size. I use the pans a lot but if I need more room I remove them. I added a ruler for some perspective but it basically is the size of our stove top.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	2C7CD320-ECB9-475F-B341-1B0E4F0F292E.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	1386984 Click image for larger version  Name:	697DE0AF-6392-47B7-A7EB-B335AC1E458C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	1386985

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here