Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3DJ View Post
    Thanks guys! I usually don't mind waiting the 20 to 25 minutes for a chimney, however at 5 am getting a head start is always good. Plus I like the idea of being able to possibly applying it late in a cook if I don't think I want to add more fuel for an hour so so. I know that last part is a BIG assumption.

Does everybody's chimney get their coals ready in 20-25 mins? I feel like sometimes mine takes upwards of 30 to get a full load completely ready. Maybe I'm just waiting too long, but if the BBQ dragon speeds that up I'm all about it.

Comment

• Flavorsavor
      Flavorsavor commented
      Editing a comment
      Same Chimney. I've probably always waited too long then... I usually wait till the top briq's are mostly gray.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      You can, but my rationale in not waiting that long is all that heat energy is being wasted into the air, the bottom layers of coals are nearly spent by the time you dump it if you wait too long. I usually only go about 15 then dump. Watch for the blue smoke to die down. That's your signal. depending on your humidity level and other scientific variables this should be about the 15 min mark, but watch for the smoke to clear/stop.

• Flavorsavor
      Flavorsavor commented
      Editing a comment
      Gooood to know, I am familiar with that bottom layer of spent charcoal layering my grill. Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here