Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Grate Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Grate Plate

I saw this being demoed in Munich. I guess it may have been a knock off but this is identical. American made and pretty clever if you ask me

Amazon has a bunch of copycats for around $15 but the original is selling for $30.

Grate garlic, ginger, peppers, nutmeg, parmesan, and so much more with The Grate Plate ceramic grating plate. Grater plate handmade in Oregon by a mother daughter woman owned business.

Attached Files
    Last edited by STEbbq; June 23, 2022, 12:38 AM.

Another entertaining gadget. The grated garlic appears to be finer than with a garlic press and more consistent than smashed. Ceramics that aren't made in China are a plus with me. We'll see how it works with ginger root.

Comment

We have something similar to that my bride picked up somewhere many moons ago. Rather than a bowl shape it's mostly flat with the two outer edges rolled up slightly, and it's ceramic. The grating portion is an array of sharp, pointy protrusions. It's pretty effective at giving well pulverized yield, near liquid in consistency, meaning the fibers are very small. It's less desirable trait is in removing the pulverized product from between the rows of points. Depending on how much you do, the majority can come off relatively easily, but a fair amount has to be scraped out of the "forest" and you won't want to use your fingers as they will be given the same treatment as the garlic or ginger. So....you end up using an additional item (butter knife, small brush, spatula tip, something) to get it all, that needs cleaning too. I use it when the outcome is specific to what I want for any particular dish, but I use the micro plane more for similar result. It's faster, easier, and only one device. I suspect that's why their feature video shows everything being done in the bowl format. While that is a useful way for bowl mixed product/use, it probably suffers a similar difficulty with just the shredder mode I experience with mine.

Comment

• willsands
        willsands commented
        Editing a comment
        Their website states that the grater is finger friendly and appears to be easy to clean. They researched the design to be efficient without sharp protrusions.

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        willsands when you get yours please let us know if it really works out that way, real world vs claims is always better.

• willsands
        willsands commented
        Editing a comment
        Order received. No shipping notice yet. I will share my opinion when I have one. The pictures of the grater surface remind me of those chainmail scouring devices which are smooth to the touch, yet very efficient at removing baked-on food from cookware.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here