Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat frying thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat frying thermometer

What is a good thermometer for a fat fryer? I'm doing wings with canola oil so I seed to be accurate with the oil temperature.

Many use aa clip on dial. I'm pretty sure thermoworks has a wire probe for that. I contacted Chefsteps to see what that yellow wire is they use.

Comment

Ok, but I have no clue what any of that means.

Comment

Ok, I'm a rookie with BBQ but not to cooking. I bought a propane fryer and want to do wings but the clip on thermometer was a piece of garbage( 30 deg. off) and I burned the 1st batch. I used a hand held digital for the next 2 and they came out good but it was difficult regulating the heat with a hand held. I would like to get a good clip on. Help me out. Thanks.

Comment

mad mike like Jerod successed you can check with www.thermoworks.com
          Last edited by DWCowles; October 25, 2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks DW, kinda in a rush. Church fall party, pulled pork and chopped brisket about to be served.

Everything with Thermoworks is top notch.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look at their stuff.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here