Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat slicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat slicer

I just ordered a new slicer with an extra non-serrated blade to slice up sirloin roasts. I ordered this one

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

Any one ever use this one before? Wish they carried it in the store to see but it got really good reviews and the one I have is at least 25 years old so I can only go uphill. Going to cook the other two roasts and get ready to slice

I have one just like it. I used my mostly to slice smoked turkey breast.
    Last edited by DWCowles; October 19, 2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Looks like it had good reviews. Chef Steps is a good company, so I think you'll like it.

Comment

Let us know how it works for you. 4.5 stars on Amazon with over 500 reviews. I've been looking for one to slice up all the bacon I'll be making this year for the holidays.
        Normally I would order from Amazon using the referral link (same price and it's Prime) but I keep getting these 20% off coupons for BB&B and $30 off is nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

• gardenfish
          gardenfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Im with you on that. The 20% paid for the smooth blade.

Got it delivered yesterday and tried her out on 2nd the sirloin roast. It set up easily and cut very well. After 6-10 slices it starts to have a tail on the meat as with all the other home style slicers I have used but just turn the meat around every so often and problem solved.

The 615 model has a little removable plastic deflector at the bottom of the blade that keeps whatever your cutting from getting pulled into the blade and it works awesome. Wish my other slicers had had this feature. There is a nice little tray to put on the bottom to catch the cuttings. The cutting carriage locks for storage and has a nice aluminum food pusher that feels pretty solid and glides nicely. For the price with the 20% off coupon, which paid for the extra smooth blade, I would definitely buy again. It comes with a serrated blade.

Didnt feel much heat after 5 mins slicing. I am smoking a couple more sirloin roasts tomorrow and will slice them up Mon. or Tues. so I'll give it more use but I don't see any thing to worry about. It will definitely get its use with me

I sliced a few thicker slices for dinner tonight, Roast beef, mashed, gravy, and fresh carrots. And then thinly sliced the rest for sandwhiches and vacuum sealed for freshness

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151024-_DSC2902.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	464.8 KB
ID:	117613

Comment

Neat. I'd like to save up for a 12"

Comment

• gardenfish
            gardenfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too. I shaved my thumb a few times as a kid in the restaurant on one when I first started cooking and becoming a chef.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here