Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kickstarters.. "Little Griddle" and "Portable Smoker"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickstarters.. "Little Griddle" and "Portable Smoker"

I don't work for either of these guys but thought I'd pass along just in case... Think I'm gonna jump in on the little griddle action.. The other one just peeks my interest as a gadget nerd...

I bought a SS little griddle off their website. That looks like a decent product. I pland to try it out on my Weber Genesis tomorrow for breakfast.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      got the same one!.. How did it work out for ya? Haven't put mine to use just yet..

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      It worked well. Cooked bacon and sourdough pancakes. Took a while to clean, but what doesn't. Its pretty heavy construction so I am hoping it lasts a while.

Very cool, I like the backwall and skillet. Hope they hold up, even one of them from the video seemed to have flaked off where the handle meets the pan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pan.png
Views:	60
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	117407

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      oh yea man that wouldn't be good with the flaking.. I can't imagine that it's gotten that much use yet.

Wouldn't think porcelain would flake like that....

Comment

Bought the portable smoker... not bad for camping.

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        does it take on smoke well?

Looks like the Little Griddle has been cancelled. What does that mean for the people who already "pledged"? Does the seller have to wait until they have reached their funding goal & can ensure that they can deliver the product before credit cards are charged?

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        from what I can tell.. They cancelled all pledges and decided to fund it themselves? That way we get no deals on it as previously stated... bummer.. :-(

Wouldn't a $20 lodge cast iron skillet do a better job?

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's to be found out I guess... Looks like the colors were an addition along with whatever steel reinforcement they have on the bottom of theirs.. I will probably still get one and do my own shoot out.. However John^^ might have better insight...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here