Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indoor Oven Recommendations-Dual Fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for a new stove too. I’ve only had electric ranges since that’s what’s come with the places I’ve lived. I’ve liked the electric ovens and the current one is convection. Love the electric convection oven! I didn’t know dual fuel ranges existed until a friend who had one showed me theirs; best of both worlds. The electric cook tops (previous coil and now glass) made me want a dual fuel range; electric convection oven and gas burners. I’ve been looking at induction tops too however and have fallen down that rabbit hole.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Biggest issue for most with induction is that it will require a new beefier electrical hookup than a standard electric range. So you can either pay the electrician to run a new circuit, or pay the plumber to run gas pipe for a dual fuel range….

We have a Dacor dual fuel with convection. The only way to go in my opinion. Very even oven temps in convection mode. I hate electric stovetops, so best of both worlds

Comment

Am I understanding in this post that dual fuels might require 240V ?

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct. You would need a gas line for the cooktop, and 220v electric for the oven.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here