Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather aprons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather aprons

Anyone have a leather apron from the Mad Scientist? What do you think of it?

That it should be paired with a leather trench coat.

Actually I have no idea, but couldn't resist...

Comment

I do not own one. But I would like to get one. They are really cool, and I feel like they last for a long time. Easier to clean as well.

Comment

I bet Panhead John has leather chaps....

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          You had to go there? I'm sure we will be subjected to a few pictures now.........thanks!

• Davek8282
          Davek8282 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think he bought his bike because of all the questions he was getting about the chaps when he didn't own one

Originally posted by bardsleyque View Post
        I bet Panhead John has leather chaps....
        ... and now we all pray that no picture will be posted ...

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          You beat me to it.

Not for $299.

Leather Apron – Mad Scientist BBQ

Comment

$299 is a rip off imo. Jeremy Yoder is getting a big kick back on that one. Last year I gave away what I thought was a really nice full leather apron for my Secrete Santa gift. You can have them customized with your name or logo as well for under $180. They hand make them in Europe and ship them to your door. Check them out....

https://www.yoursurprise.com/textile...onalised-apron

Last edited by Troutman; December 2, 2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• wrgilb
            wrgilb commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a nice looking apron. Looks like Spinaker might be getting a lot of people wanting him to make them the recipient of Troutman SS gift next year. :-)
            Last edited by wrgilb; December 2, 2021, 06:01 PM.

My first thought was that i could see buying one for $100 or so. $299 is more than a little excessive.

Comment

I bought one from Walton's last year on sale for $85.00. Regular price is $100.

This handmade, full-grain leather apron is embossed with the Meatgistics and Walton's Logos, and makes the perfect gift for any meat lover! It is made with adjustable neck-straps to fit any size, a belt clip to keep it nice and snug, and quality leather to keep you safe and clean during meat processing, smoking, BBQing, or grilling!

Comment

If it's a leather apron you want ... and an arm & leg you don't want to spend ... looks like WebRestaurantStore.com has a couple here.

Comment

I toyed with the idea, but like many of you the price turned me off. I never thought to check elsewhere. I picked up the Amazing Ribs apron from the Pit store. Its nicely made and decent (heavyish) material. I'm happy with that for now.

Comment

Amazon has a ton for whatever you'd like to pay:

Comment

I am in the process of getting a leather apron. Not paying the mad scientist price, but I'm willing to fork over some cash after ruining probably twice that much in shirts from BBQ'ing. My wife bought me one off Amazon for my birthday last month, but it was more of a suede than the finished leather, so it went back. I'll try to remember to keep this thread updated on what I end up with and how I like it.

Wearing one in front of my flattop alone will be worth the money.

Comment

And why do we want a leather apron? Cleaning with antibacterial spray might damage the leather. Can't wash them. I must be missing something. That's not to say I don't want one, though.

Kathryn
                      Last edited by fzxdoc; December 2, 2021, 11:55 PM.

Comment

All’s I know is I wish MBMorgan would get him a dang apron of some type! Last weekend he invited me over for BBQ. Geez, the man got more food on his tank top than he did his plate. After dinner his wife shaved his back.

ACTUAL UNTOUCHED PHOTO OF MBMorgan

Click image for larger version  Name:	CC8DFAFB-F956-4519-8C85-CD28CB3B2FF3.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	347.3 KB ID:	1136046
                        Last edited by Panhead John; December 3, 2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here