Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping for a holding chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    If the cooler is full and preheated, that sounds like it should work.

Nothing stopping you from acquiring a cooler and doing a few test runs before actually storing food in there.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Preheating sounds like that might work. Heat up some bricks, wrap in foil and use them for heat as you would use freezy packs for keeping stuff cold?

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    I learned about them here on the site and purchased a few, and then a few more later for drink cans. They do work well for holding meat and keeping drinks cold.

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    So, a new question, can I take 20 racks of ribs in butcher paper, throw them all in the same large cooler, and hold them for.a few hours, while I wait for pick up. Meaning 20 racks of ribs, in butcher paper, 20 racks warms up a big efficient cooler, and holds it down to one rack over a 2 hour period? Even understanding I may need to preheat my cooler.? Do they really need to be separated once wrapped? I can only think you would want to serve from the bottom of the cooler. What am I missing, besides size of efficient coolers (brands, not sure if matters)…
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 8, 2021, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I have a similar cooler. Retains heat very well! And even here in Southern California, I can brine a big ole turkey overnight in the garage and it temps perfect the next day.

• jlazar
    replied
    I have been looking at this instead of a regular cooler. One would not hold 20 ribs but three probaby would and would give you flexibility as numbers changed for future needs.

Amazon.com : Coleman 24 Can Party Stacker Cooler, Blue : Coleman Ice Chest Stacker : Sports & Outdoors

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I hope it is not a one time thing. That is why I’m considering doing something more favorable to situation.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I use cambro products a lot for my bread. I am super comfortable with that brand.

• jfmorris
    replied
    That can work. I like that it uses full size pans. If its just a one time thing though, I would be tempted to buy a big cooler, and just wrap the ribs in foil and stack in the cooler for holding.

Another thought? Get you a Camp Chef Smokevault 24. It also holds full size hotel pans, and can be set to a low temp and used as a holding oven. And give you a new smoker to use as well....
    Last edited by jfmorris; August 7, 2021, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I am embarrassed to admit I did not realize until I found my ToGo bag that Cambro was a real brand. I thought it was BBQ slang.

• Donw
    replied
    Two,other popular brands are Cambro and Carlisle

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Since I have to live up to my user name, I should point out Richard posted it first so I can’t take credit for it.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome (or GAS). The struggle is real, 58limited. 😂

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I've never looked at webstaurantstore.com before. Thank you for destroying my savings account...
    Last edited by 58limited; August 7, 2021, 01:12 PM.

• STEbbq
    replied
    I am not dealing with 20 ribs but I did buy a smaller Cambro pizza delivery bag with the idea that I can handle ribs and brisket one day due to the length. I felt the front load would be helpful. I also added a micro pore 12” by 8” heating pad for $6 bucks. It sounds like you want something heavier duty though. I bought a smaller version of the one I linked but same brand and heavy duty style. Still, it will hold a lot of ribs.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/cam...4GBP220RD.html

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ves...011081224.html
    Last edited by STEbbq; August 7, 2021, 06:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here