Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caring for ABC half moon griddle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caring for ABC half moon griddle?

I’ve always polished this thing back down to shiny after using it. But I read somewhere that griddlers just scrape the griddle down and let it turn brown.

?

It works just fine with polishing it, but I won’t do that if I don’t have to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C7838AD3-E8F7-4D84-9224-F85A3D6426EF.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1023691

time to write something so it gets back on page 1. I do the same as you but would like to know if I could let it season.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't need to comment on something just so it appears on the first page of Recent Posts. Just click the green +Follow button and you'll get notified when the post you're interested in gets activity.

• Davek8282
      Davek8282 commented
      Editing a comment
      But when it drops off the recent posts lists the chances of a reply are greatly diminished.

So here’s one at ya, what do you think? 🤔

Comment

I think it depends on the surface. A blackstone griddle has a surface somewhat like a cast iron pan. This needs seasoning. The ABC drip and griddle is stainless steel. The restaurant I worked at in college had a commercial stainless steel griddle and we always polished it up shiny after we were done.

I myself try to polish up my ABC drip and griddle after every time I use it.

My Blackstone griddle I treat differently.

Comment

I foil mine so it stays shiny. Not sure if it is necessary though. I ran across an article about seasoning SS awhile back though - I am ASSuming just scraping it is a form of seasoning

Comment

In my book stainless doesn't "season" the way regular steel or cast iron does. In other words, it ought to be shiny. We certainly scrubbed down the grill surface when I was flipping burgers at a Wendy's in 1982-83. I use a Brillo pad to clean my Drip 'N Griddle after use, but don't stress if there is a little black around the edges of the handles and such.

On a side note, that 6 months working at a Wendy's my senior year in high school was enough to show me that the food service industry is HARD work, and not where I wanted a career. I also outlasted 3 managers and all but 2-3 other employees by being there for 6 months. Such high turnover. I have not-so-fond memories of mopping floors and cleaning tables and such until 1AM some nights. The worst duty was the salad bar, something that Wendy's was experimenting with back then.
          Last edited by jfmorris; April 28, 2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I've put mine in the dishwasher under the Pots and Pans setting....Worked well...I think it took 2 times for it to come out real nice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here