Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dunno. Prolly a waste of money, but it looks decent. (stainless grill pan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. Prolly a waste of money, but it looks decent. (stainless grill pan)

Click image for larger version

Name:	16195481930143233705681961491868.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1023576Click image for larger version

Name:	16195482298361486149247205659003.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1023577 $20 at Home Depot. Nexgrill is the brand. They actually have some pretty nice accessories. Stainless steel is expensive. This takes advantage of the economy of scale I think.

IMO it's money well spent. I use a set of All-Clad grill pans and think they're indispensable. That detachable handle looks very handy.

Name:	img18o.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1023584

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Willy try putting noodles directly on the grate.

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack Cooked noodles? For how long? I’m still confused—and still dumb and slow. LOL

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Willy The truth is I'm more likely to use my flattop but there's no reason you shouldn't get some extra flavor on your noodles. I should give it a go sometime and post some pics. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oyiMNtyLWw...lled_pasta.jpg

You know, several times over the years someone "gifted" me a grill pan full of holes like that, and after it sat in the pile of grilling stuff in the backyard shed long enough, I gave it to the Goodwill store or sold it at a yard sale. I guess with a griddle, I don't need a pan to grill small stuff, or even with Grillgrates I was able to manage it, and I just never thought about the grill pans. If I needed a pan I was reaching for my Lodge 12" CI skillet. Mine were some sort of non-stick coating though, so probably not the best thing for direct grill heat.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I wish I had an outdoor griddle sometimes, but what I like about the grill pan with holes is it allows the smoke into the food, I use mine a lot for veggies, shrimp and burgers on the kettle.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand and agree.

It was buy the pan or roll that Weber Summit into the back of the wagon. I chose the pan.

jfmorris One advantage is smoke penetrates the bottom of the pan so you can get more flavor on the food much like with GrillGrates. Another advantage is being able to remove and replace the group of food easily.

Name:	B4zpM1P84YzUiyMEvNzcZ1OfBtGyi9QUVvWy6jpixEs-criq5PnYvpUQEevLSxfByt7_rOOzU6xL0DktPXp0jKifZ5g7-2Ou1z0yxulsHxrNCTgXet0qVqrMY7aN3x5yn2iueipvjQONr6VBKdxELEeYhDGUdbhnBrpTy1bSBo37zL2rxrxzmqDnumx0NUPk-tbDag6B3ZmfmhOe5eJYZHIA_TozzCZR1ID5uDJNh_e-AxMA4FhCDtpv3281FpH
Views:	232
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	1023671

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah - kinda wishing I had kept those pans now and given them a try. I think I will look for a stainless one like yours if I ever buy one though.

I have 4 of these pans in different shapes and sizes. I use them constantly. Mostly on the smoker.

Comment

I have something similar but only used a handful of times.....

Comment

I’ve got 3 different sizes of rectangular grill pans with the holes in them. I like using them but hate cleaning them and one of them barely fits in my kettle. I just ordered these and I’m gonna like them being disposable. They got good reviews and seem pretty sturdy.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Panhead John; April 27, 2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Those don't seem to be very planet friendly. Epicurious is going to be after your ass now.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I use regular disposal pans (without holes) pretty frequently and I wash and reuse them many times.

I have one and it works well. Only issue with detachable handle is if I want to flip the veggies. Handle doesn't lock in place.

Comment

I have a couple different types of grill pans and love using them for veggies. I like just a little flame licking the veggies and giving them that little char...yum!! I like using the frog mats too.

Comment

I have one like it cept the stainless thing. My wife picked it up for me maybe 10 yrs ago. One of my go to veggie cookers over the grill. I’ll never be without one.

Comment

Well, it definitely does this:

Name:	4B82E2E3-6CAC-4744-AA10-BE1F68420383.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1024138

Name:	B30F2C2F-8DA1-4736-AF9B-2DAA528E1E1B.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	1024139

Name:	542F49D5-90DD-4C50-8B02-FFC0F73CCEFF.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	1024140

Name:	65189DE7-5680-4161-897A-9E0BFDFDEFAF.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	1024141

Name:	2E344672-136F-47A0-A065-3D8F3E2A5E26.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1024142

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Sausage, peppers and onions! Looks good.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here