Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Interest in a Pitmaster's Virtual Meat-Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Interest in a Pitmaster's Virtual Meat-Up?

Given the social isolation most of us are currently dealing with, I was wondering if there'd be any interest in having a virtual Meat-Up? We could use Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, GoToMeeting, whatever works for most of us. Probably Zoom as it has a free option that can host up to 100 participants, and as far as I know, it is cross-platform.
    If there is interest here, I'd be willing to work on the logistics and organization.
    Yes
    93.02%
    No
    0%
    I'm a luddite and haven't a clue what you're talking about.
    6.98%

Sure pkadare . I'm not real techie but tell me what to do and I'm chat with you.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll let the poll run for a couple of days to gauge the level of interest and then set something up.

Like probably a bunch of others, I have a paid Zoom account that can host 100 for as long as we want (free accounts have a 40 minute timeout). Happy to share.
    Last edited by rickgregory; March 24, 2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

The luddites need not worry too much. I used to be both a trainer and a courseware developer. I'll make sure to create some clear instructions on how to join. :-)

Comment

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a Star Track reference?

Our office is working from home so we ave GoToMeeting visits about 3 times a week. I'm all setup for whatever. I think I have the Zoom software on my machine as well.

Comment

I am not a Luddite by any means. I just downloaded the Andtoid app and tried to sign up. Or wants to confirm my email but hasn't sent me a confirmation email. I have requested a resend 3 times and nothing. It isn't in my spam, either.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          It's very slow in arriving, just went through that myself.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee - Just got it. Several hours later. Thanks.

I am interested, but doubt I'll have the time. My wife is a physical therapist and still has to go to work. My job is a bit more flexible, which means I've got the kids during the day and then I'm working nights and weekends. My son is two and a half and daughter is one, so they are quite a handful and I am already worn out by the time I have to "go to work" in my basement.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed Troutman. Especially with the barber shop closed!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Tell the truth, to mop&glow it...im not to far behind ya

• Argoboy
            Argoboy commented
            Editing a comment
            I need a hair cut but my wife can cut my hair with the right sized bowl.

I'm a little busy right now with cooking, eating, general hygiene, light housework, at-home pet sitting, occasional cigar smoking and Facebook, but I think I would really enjoy visiting with all of your mugs, so, as EdF stated in his usual understated and succinct eloquence, I'm in!
          Last edited by CaptainMike; March 24, 2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I’m using Zoom to teach/lead a Lifegroup (Sunday school) for adults ages 40-69 as our church has moved entirely online the past 2 weeks. It’s worked out quite well. I’m all up for a virtual Pit meeting.

Comment

It sounds like a great idea. I'll join if able. Have to steal my wife's tablet, but, she needs a break

Comment

I would vote for teams, but am open to whatever. Might end put on my nice hat for ya.

Comment

Like th idea. Got no webcam here, but if I can USB jack my S5 into Win 10, or better yet, find a non social media app/platform to do so, where I can move about, then I'm already there.

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine are all covered with sticky notes until I have a meeting...

Count me in!

Comment

Im in. Im primarily daddy daycare for a while so i should be free.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here